Forum home Babies Baby

im so sad!! just need to get it out.

hi girls, i know its fri night and hope i dont depress you all. oh just gone out and just need to let this off my chest.

when i was 8months pg my grandma died and i was devastated as she had helped bring us up and we were so close. over the years she had developed dementia and was very forgetful but up until a week before she died she knew who we all were. it was made worse by the fact that she was the only 1 who was happy when i fell pg.

then just as i was gettin over that oh lost his job just before xmas and so we were worryin bout that, then i was diagnosed with pnd and have also developed anxiety and i am havin to go back to work earlier than planned as we cant afford any longer. also as my grandma left us some money we are not entitled to any benefits, i have to use that on bloody bills.

just to top it off last week got a call to tell me that my grandmas ashes had never been scattered so have to go tomorrow for them to be scattered, all the wounds have now been reopened and im feelin so sad. to make matters worse i feel i have no1 to talk to as dont want to worry oh as he has enough on, family not close by and my best mate is pg so dont want to depress her.

sorry for going on but just needed to vent somewhere.
thanks for all your support in the past with some of these issues.xxx

Replies

• Don't apoligise for anything! That's why we are all here isn't it. i'm new to the forum and just reading thru all the posts. 1st of all i'm sorry for your loss, it's incredible hard to deal with, the loss of a loved one. 2nd carry on with whatever treatment prescibed my your gp as ive heard suddenly stopping this can make you worse. it must be horrible having to use your grandmas money to pay off the bills, but i;m sure she would rather you did this than worry about money issues and bills.

i know you don't want to worry your oh, but at the endof the day you are a partnership and i'm sure he'dwant to be involved in your feelings, whether good or bad. what ever you do don't go through the bad times alone...i hope you're feeling better soon. take care BB x
  • Sorry you're feeling so down hun, i'd say it's inevitable with all you've had going on! What a nightmare. I'm sure your hubby and best mate would rather you just spoke to them about it rather than find out later how upset you were? I know if one of my friends wanted some support but didnt ask i'd feel a bit like i'd let them down. Big hugs hun, try to do something you enjoy to cheer yourself up a bit. (Loads of choccie as well!) Hope you have a nice positive event soon. xxx
  • thanks hun, we have worked out a way round it though - we are buying a new car, wel be under the threshold then.haha - there is always a way. il be able to say goodbye properly tomorrow as when i was at my waddling stage everyone was trying to keep me calm so couldnt really grieve then i had lo and life went a bit mad (as it does)lol.xxx
  • rebecca and splodge - we have booked our wedding with my grandmas money too so she would have loved that. she was a wild woman when she got going at any party, i think she was a bit of a drunkard!!lol. she was fab.xxx
  • I did reply earlier but flippin site has lost it! grrrrr!
    Im sorry to hear you are feeling so down and sorry to hear of the passing of your grandma. I also have PND so can relate on some level with that. I dont really have any words of wisdom, but didnt want to read and run.
    I hope things start to look up for you soon hunni, take care
    xxxxxhugsxxxx
  • Sorry to hear about everything that's been happening, especially the loss of your Grandma. Try to see tomorrow as a time to say goodbye as you say. Hope things improve with the money situation, and in the meantime you are always welcome to vent here, that's what we're here for!!
  • Hey hunni,
    Your post really hits home for me as my Nan was like my Mum and when we lost her in 2006 (2 weeks after our m/mc) I never thought I'd cope or be happy or enjoy anything again. Sounds over dramatic but I thought my world had just ended.

I also felt the same about not having anyone to talk to. Oh is lovely and everything but not the listening kind or so I thought.
    I would say you really need to talk to your oh. I know mine knew how unhappy I was (and still am to some extent) and was just waiting for me to start the converastion.
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow, but like you say it may help you grieve and I bet she'll be chuffed to bits she's helped you book you wedding! Take care babe xxx
  • Hey hunni,
    Your post really hits home for me as my Nan was like my Mum and when we lost her in 2006 (2 weeks after our m/mc) I never thought I'd cope or be happy or enjoy anything again. Sounds over dramatic but I thought my world had just ended.

I also felt the same about not having anyone to talk to. Oh is lovely and everything but not the listening kind or so I thought.
    I would say you really need to talk to your oh. I know mine knew how unhappy I was (and still am to some extent) and was just waiting for me to start the converastion.
    Will be thinking about you tomorrow, but like you say it may help you grieve and I bet she'll be chuffed to bits she's helped you book you wedding! Take care babe xxx
  • thank you all of you. mum to 1 i felt exactly the same when i got the news bout my grandma. my oh had to tell me as my mum rang him as i was heavily pg and they didnt know how i would cope. i dont think it is over dramatic, i felt like my heart had been ripped out!i think im gonna take your ladies and talk to my oh, he is good when he has to be.
    love and hugs to you all, oh and lo sends a big wet kiss. (hes woken up as he has an awful cold-poor baby).xxx
  • Congrats on booking your wedding! That's a fab event to look forward to. Your nan will be partying along with you from where she is i'm sure! xxx
  • she will gettin drunk on her half a whisky and ginger.lol. xxx