Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Waiting for my D&C and scared

I just discovered today that i had a missed miscarriage,i shall meet the anaethesiologist on Wednesday for investigations then perhaps have it on Thursday or Friday.
I am so scared that it will happen by itself before that, i am not prepared for the bleeding and the pain

Replies

• Hi renee

I am so, so sorry for your loss and that you are having to go through this.

I don't have any wise words right now but wanted to reply and wish you all the best.

Take care, NN xx
  • hey you i have just replyed to your other post and again i was in the same situation theres a post from me somwere on here i found out on the wed and had to wait until the monday and like you i was terrified of it starting i wanted to do it on my terms and lived in the same limbo you must be feeling the girls on here reasured me it was just like a heavy period try and relax ha ha and you will be fine xxx
  • Hi

I was worried about that happening to me too as I got to almost 13 weeks before I had any sign of bleeding or anything. I went for an emergency scan when my bleeding started but my erpc wasn't booked in for another 4 days (had it yesterday) so I was worried it would start on its own especially when I woke up in the night with really bad pains but it was all ok.
    I really don't know as I don't have a medical background or anything but I know for myself I started to think that the chances of it happening on its own were probably quite slim because my body had held on to the baby this long already (almost 5 weeks) so I think would have needed help one way or another.

The consultant also gave me the option to go home and let it happen naturally but told me it would take 2-3 weeks so if you imagine that it takes that long then the chances are that it won't all happen in a couple of days while you wait for your appointment.

Try not to worry about it all as I'm sure you'll be fine. If things did start to happen and you started having bad pains then get to A&E or ring your doctors and something can be done - you won't have to go through it on your own if you don't want to. If you need some more advice you would always ring the miscarriage association. I don't have their number but they have a website if you put it in google.

I hope everything goes ok for you and I'm sorry this has happened to you.
  • Hey renee,

That happened to me naturally the night before i was due in hospital, please dont be scared of the pain it really isnt that bad, i remember posting this for faithm, it is like a heavy period with bad cramps.

I do hope things go the way you plan, thinking of you hun

*Hugs*

XxX
  • Hi there, im in the same situation as you. I went for my 12 week scan on thursday to discover ive also had a missed miscarriage. My D and c is not till Friday. This is my second missed miscarriage, and the last one was excactly the same. I had to wait 2 weeks the last time for my d and c and i did have a bit of cramping and bleeding but it was fine. Im not worried about that this time coz yet again my pregnancy had only reached 7 weeks and ive been fine all this time, so another week shoudnt make much difference. i cant wait to get it over with. I hate this living in limbo thing. Good luck
  • I thank you all ladies, you can never imagine how all your replies comforted and reassured me.
    I had my D&C finally, it was much better than i thought, and the nurses and doctors were wonderful and really nice and gentle (that really helped me emotionally), i have bad cramps (worse than period pains) and bleeding, but i am some how relieved that it is over.

I thank you again for your support, i really neede it
    Hugs and kisses to all of you
    Renee
  • Renee - Just wanted to ask if you are ok? Im still feeling pretty crap but trying to be positive. Hoping that we can catch again quickly as I have this overwhelming desire to be pregnant. I know im going to be crapping myself next time though. This really is harder than I ever realised.

Anyway, hope you are ok. Thinking of you and OH.

Gemma xxx
  • Hey Gemmi, i am gld to hear from you.
    Well, i keep trying to be strong, but i still have my daily fit of crying.
    My mother had 2 miscarriages before she had me and she says that she never forgot her two lost babies or how she felt, so i guess we will have to learn to accept it and to try to move on.
    Physically, i wasnt having much bleeding after my D&C, but today i had the worst cramps i have ever felt in my entire life, much worse than period pains, and i had to take loads of painkillers.

Dont worry about next time please, one thing i learnt from my experience is that worrying doesnt help at all, i was having weekly scans, i started taking my prenatal vitamins one year ago, i was eating healthy, and no physical stress whatsoever, and still miscarried.
    Perhaps when we get pregnant again it would be much better to just try to forget about it(i know easier said than done) but i feel as if i aged 10 years with all the stress i had during this pregnancy.

Please tell me how are you doing?
    Waiting to hear from you
    Hugs
    Renee
  • It was lovely to see your reply. Its nice to have someone to talk to, even if we did meet under crappy circumstances. Id like to say that I was lucky, although lucky isnt the right word. I bled like a normal period, with horrid cramps at the beginning and then 5 days of bleeding. Had to go back to hospital on Tuesday for blood tests (started bleeding Saturday) and they have now said my hcg is back to 0. It was only 7.1 on Sunday so had already dropped dramatically, and thats only if it went up in the first place. Sonographer said I was definately pregnant though, which weirdly made me feel better as I wasnt imagining it and it could happen, although just not this time.

Hubby still decorated what will be the nursery and we still made the trip to the baby shop we were going to on Tuesday.

I actually gave your advice about hubby and making sure he was looked after to someone else on here the other day. Fab advice. It really helped.

Please keep in touch. I may not be able to help much but its good to talk!

Gemma xxx
  • Hi Renee

Just wanted to send you some hugs and say I hope the pain eases really soon.

Take care, love NN xx