Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

really embarassed and whispers

i think i have worms and immmmmmmm so embarassed to go doctors and embarassed to go chemist does anyone know is this common in pregnancy and can i get a natural remedy to get rid off or anything i can buy? image

Replies

• oh bless you hon, it's so easy to pick them up when you've been around someone who's got them, esp kids. Think you'd need to speak to a dr re what's safe in pregnancy really! Or maybe try ringing NHS Direct so you're only speaking over the phone if you're too embarrassed to go to chemist/GP. Then at least you'd know what was safe. Hope you get it sorted.
    Ames x
    22+5
  • thanks ladies iv lil sis of 9 and brother of 7 so im guessing iv picked it up from one them.
  • hi dont be embarrassed we had them not long ago i got vermox but not sure if you can take it in pregnancy. go to the chemist tell them your kids have them & you want to treat the whole family & ask what way is best to treat you, they are very easily transferred to others & our pharmacist advised treating everyone whether they had them or not.

dont worry they are VERY common!!

B..
  • thanks booney i will do that tomro really gratfull for your replys x
  • aww bless u hun how do u no if u have worms ive never had or seen them i bet they r so horrrible poor u dont be embarrased hun it comes to us all even thow i ent seen them yet xx
  • aww bless u hun how do u no if u have worms ive never had or seen them i bet they r so horrrible poor u dont be embarrased hun it comes to us all even thow i ent seen them yet xx
  • hi hun iv been really itchy behind and even tho iv hypermsis and im pregnant been eating way to much image. im 99percent sure ahhhhh how embarassing. X.
  • If you don't know for definite, I think you should check your poop for worms before you go to docs (I went when I was ten and had to poo in a pot to show doc and when he looked it was worms - that was embarrassing!!!).
    I say that as the itching could be caused by internal piles. I have had them both pregnancy's and it makes my bottom itch but there's nothing on the outside if you know what I mean.
    Also, a lot of women have an increased appetite in pregnancy (me being one of them lol)!!!
    Have a check so you know for sure.
    xxx