Forum home Babies Baby

Connor the good sleeper - whod have thought!

Hi girls,
Well its been exactly a week since we started pu/pd and Connor goes down night and day in his cot in his own room in 10 minutes!
He still wakes twice a night for feeds and seems to take a lot so I dont think hes ready to drop one yet and he goes down really well after them.
Also hes having 2-3 naps a day the first 2 are between 2-3 hours and his last one is around an hour.
OH and I are spending way more time together and ive even managed to read a novel - the first one since he was born in september!
I just wanted to say thankyou to all of you who have given me advice and support through the sleepless nights and exhausting days it means a lot.
Hes a totally different boy now its amazing! image

Gill
xxxx

Replies

• Ho do you get him to nap for 2-3hrs, that's fab. Archie seems to have an internal alarm clock and wakes after 40 mins. No more, no less. I bought 3 books (3 for 2) the day beofre I went into hosp to have Archie, not read the 1st chapter of any of them yet ! Good for you, I'm quite jealous. S x
  • Thankyou SuzMcH,
    Connor never used to nap much in th day either so I bought The Baby Whisperer solves all your problems after a reccommendation from someone on here. Ive followed her shush pat and pick up put down method as written in the book and his sleep both day and night got sorted out. Apparantly the more sleep they have the more sleep they want
    Gill
    xxxx