Forum home Babies Baby

Anyone else feel broody?

I can't believe how broody I'm feeling at the mo. My best friend has just called to tell me shes gone into early labour (35 weeks) and its made me even worse.
I have two already Ollie whos 20 months and Maddi who is 7 months. But ever since maddi has been about 4 months I have been secretly wanting another.There is no way I could tell me friends and family this as they only judge me. They all say I should be happy with what Ive got and as we dont drive its quite difficult to get around now.

Sorry for the pointless post but really needed to tell someone how im feeling

Replies

• erm, yep! my doc prescribed me my first pack of pills to start taking (charlie is 12 weeks) but haven't started them yet...
    Hubby would have a heartattack if i fell pg that soon again! but i'd love to have another one very soon, hehe! xx
  • I had the coil fitted back in october as the pill didnt work last time and im so regretting having it done. My oh would love another but as i had severe pre-eclampsia and spd in both pregnancies my docs have advised us to leave it a while. And bcos both of them were born by emergency section i know that if i have number 3 i wouldnt be able to look after 3 of them after having a section. We did say that we would wait until Maddi is 1 before thinking about having another
  • That would be a big fat YES YES YES from me.

My oh thinks i'm mad, we already have Erin 18mnths and Joe 5mnths, but ever since Joe was born i have been wanting another. I know it's not a good idea just yet, as i think i would struggle with three under three and also money wise, but i just cant help it. I was supposed to have the contraceptive impant fitted last month but i couldnt go through with it as it lasts for three years and i know i want another before then, so i had the injection instead which only lasts for 12 weeks, i dont think i'm going to have it again though, might just have to go back to condoms which my oh hates so may get lucky?! Ha!Ha! x
  • That would be a big fat YES YES YES from me.

My oh thinks i'm mad, we already have Erin 18mnths and Joe 5mnths, but ever since Joe was born i have been wanting another. I know it's not a good idea just yet, as i think i would struggle with three under three and also money wise, but i just cant help it. I was supposed to have the contraceptive impant fitted last month but i couldnt go through with it as it lasts for three years and i know i want another before then, so i had the injection instead which only lasts for 12 weeks, i dont think i'm going to have it again though, might just have to go back to condoms which my oh hates so may get lucky?! Ha!Ha! x
  • not today no, worst morning sickness ive ever had, dont get me wrong cant wait for the baby at the end but its been hard yesterday and today feeling so rough and looking after david whose teething, im being sick, hes screaming... ahh the head ache of it all... lol
  • Aw sando, i feel for you, I've been there hun, i know it's hard but it wont last forvever, how old is David? Bless you. Take care. x
  • yip i alreasy have three, one will be 7 in april, one will be 4 in 2 weeks and one who will be 13 weeks tomorrow. but i dont think i could handle the giving birth part as they have gotten bigger each time, i was fine with the last three but my last was 17 days early and weighed 10lb 6oz and the though of a bigger baby scares the crap out of me x
  • No, Nope, Negative & Never again !!!
    Guess that just about covers it.....
  • im very broody too, jaydens 8 months now, did actally fall pregnant when jayden was 8 weeks old but sadly had a mc, ever since then iv been wanting to get pregnant again, altho we are using protection. we have decided that were not gong to use anything now and if i fall pregnant then i do, so theres no presure and no heartace each month if i do come on lol xxx
  • davids 4 months and is an angel, just got 2 teeth surfacing bless him ! I had sickness all day every day wth him, but never felt sick, i feel awful now grrr, probably a girl, well heres hoping lol
  • YES!!!! I would love another. Frankie is 3 months old and i have been broody since i had her. Hubby doesnt want another yet. TBH we cant afford another yet and i find most double buggys are not nice.

We will probably try for another when frankie is 2. Hopefully by then we can move, have a bigger car and will both be fully qualified.
  • I have wanted another one since Isabelle was 4 months old but still haven't managed to talk dh round yet. He has agreed to talk about another one when Isabelle turns one - 3months time. Hoping he will agree to start trying June / July time. Fingers crossed!
  • I'm not broody at all! Had my perfect pair and thats me done!!! Certainly for at least 5/6 years. I had 11 weeks inbetween mine so I felt like I was pregnant for 18 months. Actually probably 19 months because I went 2 weeks over with both of them.

Please don't send any baby dust this way, and I'm not drinking the Junies water. There's deffo something in that!!

xx
  • I would love to have another one and feel broody most of the time. Hopefully we'll try again later on this year.....but judging by the way everyone on baby getting pg again it could be earlier lol!
  • Yes, even my firneds whose babies are 6wks younger than Archie make me feel broody. But unless we win the lottery anytime soon it's not gonna happen. Taking my pill begrudgingly every day. S x
  • YES YES YES I'd love more jamie will be 6 months this month. So we wanting to wait a little longer. Alittle being a bout 18 months but its so hard. I can't understand it really as I didn't even enjoy being pg with jamie. xx
  • Nope - not at all! My friend had a baby in November (same day as my birthday) and although he's cute - I don't envy the sleepless nights etc etc and one of my closest friends is pregnant and due in May and I'm not even broody with her around!!
    I've got my hands full with the one I've got and so like Mrs Ackles - I don't want any baby dust near me thank you very much!!
    xxx
  • i kind of am! I have 3 - there is 2 years 8 months between 1 & 3. Whenever I see a pg lady i feel slightly jealous but Im defo not trying for another as financially/emotionally and pysically I would find it hard. Although I havnt had an AF for 2 months all pg test came bk neg so without AF I cant have 1 anyway!

I love my boys so I dont want to have to divide my time between them anymore than I already do!

xx
  • If I am honest I certainly am, my sister had a new baby girl just last night which has just emphasized that. I have another sister due this summer too. There has been about a dozen new babies in the family in the last 5 or so years so I suspect another baby is the last thing the family needs but I'd love more. I would like to get my marriage to better place first, if it's possible, and of course putting aside a bit more money would be nice.

So for now I am enjoying my three and enjoying every moment while it's here

xx
  • I am slowly getting there...Ryan is 10 months old and so many of my pals who have lo's from 1yr to 18months are pregnant with their 2nd's and I didnt think I would be ready for some time ahead but I would be quite happy to fall pregnant. But oh is only slowly coming around to the idea of another and he wouldnt contemplate it until end of the year at the earliest. Am alright with that at the mo but I think once all the new babies are born I will be soooo broody. Funny a I feel more broody since I have had Ryan than before.