Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Flying after 28 weeks

Hi just wondering if any of you have any if you know what airlines will let you?
xxx

Replies

• Im sure BA will let you fly up to 32 weeks but you need a doctors fit to fly letter after 28 weeks!
    xxx
  • I had this problem recently. It depends where you are flying to, but the bigger airlines (like BA) will let you fly up to 34 weeks with a doctors 'fit to fly' certificate, not too sure about smaller airlines though. Also worth looking into is your travel insurance because most insurance companies wont insure you after 28 weeks
  • haha just let me know when you want it doing I won't be going till march dont worry!
    Don't know if we're defo gonna go just thinking about getting a hol in before I drop!
    xxx
  • I know with Ryanair you can't fly after 28 weeks, not sure if they make exceptions if you have a note from your midwife. I'm having my last flight back for a quick trip to the UK when I will be about 25 weeks (I live abroad) and will be taking a photo copy of my maternity notes just so I can show them my dates if they don't believe I'm not 28 weeks yet lol! x
  • With Easyjet you can fly up to 28 weeks, then from 28-36 with a doctors note up to 5 days before you fly. I will be flying at 31 weeks (fingers crossed) and I will need to see my GP here before I got and also a doctor in Portugal before I come home

13+5 x