Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

UTI...

I think I've got a uti image
Had burning lower abdo pains yesterday so got appt at epu for scan tomor morning. But just been for pee and it hurt! So I think it's uti. I know they can be harmful if left untreated. How urgent is it to get sorted? Do I need to rush to gp/a&e today or do you think it's ok to wait until tomor at epu?

Replies

• I would defiantely get a GP appointment as soon as possible otherwise you are going to be worrying yourself silly.
    Good luck.
    xx
  • Hi hun!
    I was told suspected UTIs need looking at ASAP so get to your Doctor NOW! When I had a suspected one at 9 weeks, my GP saw me within the hour.
    Let us know how it goes!
    Joo xxx
    28+5
  • Ive had lots since being pg. Treat sooner rather than later as symptoms get worse quickly and it can spread to your kidneys which is agony!
    Drink lots of water and cranberry juice, no caffiene or orange juice.
    Cotton undies are best, delicate wash not soap down there and no sex for a few days.
    Antibiotics work quickly and will stop it getting worse. xxx
  • Ive had lots since being pg. Treat sooner rather than later as symptoms get worse quickly and it can spread to your kidneys which is agony!
    Drink lots of water and cranberry juice, no caffiene or orange juice.
    Cotton undies are best, delicate wash not soap down there and no sex for a few days.
    Antibiotics work quickly and will stop it getting worse. xxx

• i would go today hunn mine started as slight burning when i peed and pink cm so i was scared went to walk in clinic and they gave me antibiotics straight away by that night i was nearly crying when i went to the loo
    claire xx
    26+4
  • i would get seen as soon as you can hun - to put your mind at rest. xxxx