Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

does anyone do this?

i was told not so long ago to let your child go around the house without a nappy on when they are a baby. my boy is 10 months old but im scared he'll wee everywhere.does anyone do this with there child and for how long?

Replies

• My lo has naked time for half an hour before bath every night downstairs in our living room and kitchen and he LOVES it runs around everywhere and we have always done it from when he was TINY (weeks old) and yes he has accidents (both wees and poos) (although much less often now but we have laminate so it really doesn't matter - no idea how you would manage it with carpet!
  • we let him have some nappy free time, especially if his bum looks sore but not so much now he's a bit bigger (7 n half months) cos he grabs his winky a lot and im scared he'll do himself some damage! lol! xx
  • we let him have some nappy free time, especially if his bum looks sore but not so much now he's a bit bigger (7 n half months) cos he grabs his winky a lot and im scared he'll do himself some damage! lol! xx
  • would love to leave nappy of my lo but she always seems hell bent on decorating the ceiling the minute i even undo the tabs!
  • Nope I don't let Tom run around much. He loves his nappy off but we end up with wee everywhere!
  • I give Louise nappy off time on her changing mat and towel. I'm not sure I will when she's too active though as dont fancy the idea of letting her wee/poo...............everytime she has nappy off time she wee's!
  • i let millie at min shes 5 months and although she will roll off her towl all the time and does do the occassional wee ( and we have carpet) its doesnt smell yet no idea when it starts too! but i cant let her when she gets too active as i have all carpets and def dont fancy wee and poo everywhere! unless i manage to potty train her really early haha
  • Zacky has nappy off time at my moms (she has carpet LOL). He really enjoys lying on his changing mat and weeing on nannys carpet and rug. He is 34 weeks.
  • I give James nappy off time every evening before bed for about half an hour. When he was younger he just stayed on his changing mat. Now he is older and crawling we put a ground sheet down and cover it with a blanket and grab him and put him back on it when he zooms off. I have to admit to being naughty and putting on In The Night Garden for him now as it generally keeps him still! It is the only time he is allowed to watch TV though