Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anybody good with scan pictures?

Hi girls

I have three pictures from my scan that the nurse never really told us about and Ikeep looking at them and i am not sure what I am looking at? Is anybody else good at telling whats what in a scan pic? If so could i email them to somebody or maybe put them on here again for somebody to tell me??

I think i can see a hand up to the face but there are these white marks on the face and i have no idea what they are?? a jaw line maybe I don't know?

K xx
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev217pr___.png

Replies

• Hi hun, more than happy to look for you if u want to email them over
    Lisa xx
  • You don't have an email button? Shall I put them on here instead?? Thank you honey xx

K xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev217pr___.png

• Picture one
    http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2100/43/106/1188090109/n1188090109_30324228_6343.jpg

(alt+p)

Picture two
    http://photos-f.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2100/43/106/1188090109/n1188090109_30324229_6728.jpg

(alt+p)

K xx 14 weeks today

• Picture three
    http://photos-h.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2100/43/106/1188090109/n1188090109_30324231_7161.jpg

(alt+p)

K xx 14 weeks today
  • Ah bless, they are similar to mine and the white on the face is definetly the jawbone. Think it has its hand up near its face as well, really cute photo hun and u can see its feet!! Bless!! xx
  • How cute, I agree with blrose. I also think it is a boy!

Amy. x
  • Hiya honey, lovely pics! Those white lines on the face are little tooth buds forming inside the jaw apparently!
    Looks to me like bubs is lying sort of on its side, with its little legs curled up, but i could be wrong!
  • Thank you, are they the feet it makes it's legs look so tiny LOL

Do you think that is an eye socket on picture two? like there are two white lines one the jawbone and the round one the eye socket do you think??

Also in picture three do you think that it's turned it's back on us?? Sorry for so many questions people ask me and i am like ermmmmmm

K xx
    14 weesk today
  • OMG really?? how can you girls tell this?? I have been looking at these for weeks and have no idea what I am looking at. She did say the hand is up to his little face which I can see.

Amy why do you think it's a boy?? image Ahh I am getting all happy and excited again now.

K xx
    14 weeks today
  • I think it's a boy because girl scans don't have that little white blob where boys bits are!! My sons scan looked exactly like this and everyone said it was a boy and they were right, we found out at the next scan! It is so a boy!!

Amy. x
  • They could be eye sockets, or it could be a bit blurred where the baby has moved just as she has tried to freeze the pic? Pic 3 i think i can see an eye socket and a nasal bone, but again i may be wrong! I do think its turned its back to the camera, but moved its head round so you can see the profile of the face if you know what i mean. And yes i think they are likkle feetsies, tucked up under his or her bottom!
  • They could be eye sockets, or it could be a bit blurred where the baby has moved just as she has tried to freeze the pic? Pic 3 i think i can see an eye socket and a nasal bone, but again i may be wrong! I do think its turned its back to the camera, but moved its head round so you can see the profile of the face if you know what i mean. And yes i think they are likkle feetsies, tucked up under his or her bottom!
  • Could be an eye socket, def a jaw bone and tooth buds though, i had my emergency scan with a consultant and she showed me the jaw bone and it is very white on my pic, looks like my baby has big lips but it is the jaw!! Glad you are happy hun, can be really diffuclt to figure them out but once you see it you will see more, bit like those 3d pics you get!!
    Lisa 12+6 xxx
  • OMG I can see the tooth buds now I could not make that out before and I can see where it's little legs are beat up image oh my god I am so excited have actually got tearful never even did that at the scan thank you sooo much girls.

I wonder if that is a boy then now you have said that i keep looking there and I can really see that white thing, I mean what else could it be?

K xx
    14 weeks today
  • Sorry I don't like bumping up my posts but was wondering if anybody could see anyting else or thought it was a boy as well , I have not stopped smiling.

K xx
    14 weeks today
  • Now I want Amy to look at my scan pics and see if she can see a girl or boy!!! I have been looking and can't really see a white blob like on yours Karen... hmmmm I still think Angus is a girly!!!

xxx
  • It#s exciting eh, I have actually been looking up scan pictures on line and you can see with boys they do have a white bit in between the legs more so than girlsimage

K xx
    14 weeks
  • Thanks girls woo hoo I am so more excited talking to you girls about this than I was at the actual scan!!!

Mummy Mog with all your boys have they had that little white bit in between the legs??
    Why do you say that Katie?? image

K xxx
    14 weeks
  • Aw lovely pics... i think defo a boy!! You can see the white 'bits' between (his) legs very clearly on pic 3, where he has turned his back to us all.
    Aw i love looking at scan pics.. brings back lovely memories of when i was pg with my two.