Forum home Babies Baby

Dr prescribed Piriton for Eczema???

Has anyone else had this? Kyra was 7 months when the Dr gave me Piriton (antihistamine) for her itchy eczema aswell as the usual hydrocortisone and emollient stuff. She said to give it to her at night before bed because of the drowsiness effects. However, it says on the box 'suitable for 1 year and above.'

He skin has been quite itchy for her lately, especially at night, but would it be ok if it's for 1 year and over? xox

Replies

• Shall I give it to her tonight you think?
  • i would ask the pharmacist as they tend to know better than the docs x
  • i would ask the pharmacist as they tend to know better than the docs x
  • It is safe to give if prescribed by a Dr. I would give it, hopefully it will stop the itch and help her sleep so she doesn't scratch.
  • My daughter has had piriton prescribed for her eczema since 6 months, and it has helped tremendously while used with her basket full of assorted creams, lotions, emolients, and wraps...

I think it's not too uncommon for them to try it, and I did find it took a good two weeks for it to help but then you can't stop using it or they have huge break outs. I felt so bad though for dd as she breaks out really bad, and it has done well to help with controlling it

Good luck to poor little Kyra, eczema is really unfair

xx