Forum home Babies Baby

THE BIG MEET - what

hello all! so.... i'm back with another discussion for us. please read carefully....

Thanks to all of your replies to the last post, i've worked out that this is going to be a meet for a minimum of 100people. If all of our OH's were to come then we're talking upto 140 from numbers given. Obviously this number will fluctuate a lot depending on whether people can come and who they can bring.... but lets use 100 as a vague estimate for the rest of our planning? Also we need to bare in mind some people may not have seen the last post and perhaps didn't reply with their figues. Lots of factors can change this number - just remember that nobody has commited yet, even if you can't 100% commit yet your ideas are still very much valid and appreciated!!

If you could choose, what sort of event would YOU like to go to. Just imagine, you get up early with hubby and LO's and bundle everybody onto a train for 3hours (tickets for which cost you a bomb).... not the best of journeys as the Lo's are playing up, OH is moaning and you've forgotten to pack lo's comforter....WHAT WOULD MAKE THIS JOURNEY WORTH WHILE?

food? entertainment? a playarea for the kids? should it be somewhere like a village hall and then we'll come up with lots of ideas for some light entertainment for both adults and kids.... or should we book somewhere where there's already things there like an indoor playarea or kids camp (butlins) sort of place??

it's going to have to provide a good afternoon full of fun. just as an example, i'd quite like it to be that we book a room (anywhere ie church, hotel) with some outdoor space.... get a bouncy castle, somebody who face paints, make sure there are lots of baby toys.... order a buffet, maybe a magician..... something of that sort.

we will discuss location/area/cost later on. please keep to the topic.

love you all!

[Modified by: linziMc on 05 February 2009 16:30:45 ]

Replies

• i really love the idea from ILOVEMYGEEK, that sounds like fun- maybe with a bouncy castle or something. xxx
  • I think that it needs to have something for everyone to do, older kids and dads as well as littlies and us. I like the idea of having our own venue, think it would be too hard to make it safe if it was somewhere the general public had acsess to. It obviously depends on the time of year but if it's going to be in the summer somewhere with an outside area would be lovely as well.
    xx
  • has anyone decided where its going to be i mean what area yet??
  • ilovemygeek thats a fab idea to hire out a Playstation for older kids and daddy!! that would def entice my oh along. i could even arrange maybe a pro evo tournament for daddys? pinch my dads prjector and screen and they can battle it out on ps2's or whatever!! lol

another reason i'd personally like it to be our own venue that we book is like you said - we dont want to risk TROLLS!! lol

princessjanes i will organise the area on the next topic i post. i'm guna do it the fairest way possible but i'd imagine it will be somewhere central.

An outdoor area i agree would be fantastic especially if we arrange this for summer, and bedhead i totaly agree we need to cater for everybody

keep it coming!
  • I think location needs prioritising. Its ok thinking of activities, but if it was to far away then some people wouldn't be able to come and therefore some entertainment for various ages might not be needed.

I like the idea of a bouncy castle, and a indoor room booked so we could have different activities in the grounds. We'd need a food caterer as well, what sort of food would everyone want?! I personally wouldnt bring any food as 2 kids and a OH plus luggage is enough lol!

xx
  • garfield no bother at all, i think it's the burning question for most people so i'll create an adjasent post for location as well image watch this space!
  • linziMc

reading out to OH after the the pro evo comp has suddenly made my OH very enthusiastic about attending! funny that! :lol: - he suggested the daddy's making some arrangements about it on the BE widower facebook group :lol: Some body seems to have perked up about the idea all of a sudden!!! :lol: x
  • linziMc

reading out to OH after the the pro evo comp has suddenly made my OH very enthusiastic about attending! funny that! :lol: - he suggested the daddy's making some arrangements about it on the BE widower facebook group :lol: Some body seems to have perked up about the idea all of a sudden!!! :lol: x
  • i think a big hall would be ideal and ilovemygeek, that sounds fab. we have to keep all the kids entertained - even the ones that are supposed to be grown ups.lol.xxx
  • another good reason for hiring out a private venue as well as security is the great need for facilities, ie, good toilets and baby changing facilities, a kitchen of some sort would be handy for a lot of us needing to warm up bottles or what have you x
  • What about somewhere like a leisure centre/sports hall? some times these places already have things like bouncy castles, soft play equipment for when they hold birthday parties or for groups like gym tots? Also many leisure centres have a cafe/bar area that the dads can always go to if they need a bit of a break from us, lol!! There is also the outdoor facilites for older kids/ dads to have a run around, maybe a game of footie, ball games. Just some ideas! Im sure whatever you plan will be fab! xx
  • any other suggestions?
  • once you've decided on the location, somewhere like this could be great

http://www.jambinos.com/oxford/private.htm