Forum home Babies Baby

slimming world - anyone

is anyone here doing slimming world, if so how are you finding it x

Replies

• I'm not doing it now but did it a couple of years ago.
    I lost 3 stone in 3 months and was asked to be a leader!
    I found it brilliant. i loved the green days because I could eat mashed potato till the cows came home and so would pile up on that.
    i love the flexibility and not having to count points.
    That said, I had done very well on weight watchers in the past as well.
    I think as long as you have the right mind set you will find it fairly simple to follow and easy.
    I used to have one pig out night a week (and I mean REALLY pig out - chocolate, crisps, pizza, cakes, buscuits, everything I had craved all week). I used to do it after the weigh in on a Wednesday night and then feel sick all night, but so worth it!
    It never seemed to affect my weight loss the next week.
    xx
  • I'm doing it but struggling, I work full time and my little girl is just 1 so no prep time which is what you need! I need to lose 3 stone. Would love to lose it in 3 mths but not going too well!!!!
  • I only joined last night and have spent ages reading through the books last night but its just all so confusing, i think im going to either for for the mix2match or the extra easy as having all green or all red days i think would get a bit boring after a while.

Do any of you know why the weight watcher yogurts are not free and the Muller light ones are, its just i checked the syne thing online and it said free but our consultant said they are not free? x
  • hiya, i'm doing slimming world, at home though, I think its great, I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks, absolutely any fat free yoghurt is free, also got some really good recipes if you want them? syn free Leek and potato soup, cauliflower & broccoli soup (surprisingly good and I dont really like veg!) Sorry if I seem over excited but I was going to post if anyone was doing slimming world. xx
  • I joined about 3 weeks ago, I'm doing extra easy but have just found I'm pregnant, so not too sure how it will work now!!
  • think you can still do it with midwife consent just add more healthy extra's sw consultant will give you leaflet on it
  • hiya, i'm doing slimming world, at home though, I think its great, I've lost 9lb in 3 weeks, absolutely any fat free yoghurt is free, also got some really good recipes if you want them? syn free Leek and potato soup, cauliflower & broccoli soup (surprisingly good and I dont really like veg!) Sorry if I seem over excited but I was going to post if anyone was doing slimming world. xx

recipes would be great, i hope i have as much success as you iv only started this wed so will need to weight till wed night to see if iv lost anything.
  • think you can still do it with midwife consent just add more healthy extra's sw consultant will give you leaflet on it

i noticed going through the leaflets that you can still do it when pregnant but there are some changes needed, the same if breast feeding
  • hiya i joined on wednesday night, did a red day yesterday which was fine when i was at home, i had scambled egg on toast and chicken salad, but was driving in the evening, and dint know what to have while i was out!had an alpen bar!lol! im on green today, loading up on jacket potato at lunch!extra easy seems good cos u can pretty much eat anything!
    btw how do u get vouchers from your doctor? save some money!
    Lauren
  • I did it back in oct and lost 10lbs, sadly have put it on again after going on holiday grrrr!
    It is good though, I just did all green days as I don't eat much meat as it is & didnt miss it, I love pasta and rice so it was perfect for me!
    I'm just eating healthily of my own accord now & have lost 4lbs yay. I'm just changing my lifestyle this time rather than counting syns and so on - I'm eating 3 balanced meals a day & 1 healthy snack (Muller light or Boots shapers bar) and it seems to be working and I dont feel hungry xx
  • Hiya,

Leek & potato soup:

3 large potatoes cut into cubes (about 2cm)
    3 Leeks Sliced
    1.5 ltrs chicken bovril made into stock (its free so as strong or as weak as you like) - I prefer to use a knorr chicken stock cube 1.5 syns each but that makes the whole pot so only count 1/2 syn per bowl - tbh I dont count it!
    1 tsp mixed herbs
    salt & pepper to taste

put all ingredients into a pot and boil!

It ony needs 15-20 mins boiling but I prefer to do it about 40 mins till potato starts to break up and its lovely. or you could just wait for it to cool slightly then blend a bit but I think its more filling with chunks in.

Cauli & broccoli soup.
    1 cauli
    1 broccoli
    1 ltr stock again either shicken bovril or knorr stock cube.
    salt & pepper to taste.
    3 extra light laughing cow triangles

Put all ingredients into pan, bring to boil and leave for 10-15 minutes, leave to cool slightly, blend add 3 extra light laughing cow triangles and either stir or blend again. - tastes just like broccoli & stilton soup!

My oh eats both of these not knowing they are slimming world (otherwise he'd get it into his head its slimming food and pig out on something else)

Other lunch ideas;

Baked potato with cottage cheese and beans (green)
    Lean Bacon with lettuce and tomato with 2 tbs extra light mayo (1syn) on 2 slices of nimble toast or ww malted danish) & 1 slice of mentioned bread with poached egg (3 slices of these particular bread is 1 healthy extra b choice other brands its only 2 slices)

Pasta n sauce

batchelors savoury rice with quorn sausage & passata & onion.

I could go on forever (I will add more if you like?)

Good luck

[Modified by: holly777 on February 06, 2009 12:46 PM]

• Just though of another which is my favourite! (green)

Potato onion and garlic omelette

1 large or 2 small potatoes
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    2 eggs

For side dish
    1 tin of tomatoes
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    salt & pepper
    maybe a dash of tabasco

boil 1 large or 2 small potatoes for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
    slice onion and crush garlic.
    spray a frying pan with fry light and place on heat
    slice poatoes and place in frying pan brown on 1 side, turn them over and add the onions & garlic, wait until the potatoes are browned and onions are browned/soft.
    beat the eggs and pour over potatoes and frying pan, turn heat medium/low gently posking at mixture to make sure egg is cooked properly (especially if pregnant), you can try and turn it over or I just finish it under grill.

if your making the side dish aswell do that first

put sliced onion, garlic and fry light in pan and soften, add tin of tomatoes salt & pepper & simmer.
  • Just though of another which is my favourite! (green)

Potato onion and garlic omelette

1 large or 2 small potatoes
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    2 eggs

For side dish
    1 tin of tomatoes
    1 onion
    1 clove of garlic
    salt & pepper
    maybe a dash of tabasco

boil 1 large or 2 small potatoes for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
    slice onion and crush garlic.
    spray a frying pan with fry light and place on heat
    slice poatoes and place in frying pan brown on 1 side, turn them over and add the onions & garlic, wait until the potatoes are browned and onions are browned/soft.
    beat the eggs and pour over potatoes and frying pan, turn heat medium/low gently posking at mixture to make sure egg is cooked properly (especially if pregnant), you can try and turn it over or I just finish it under grill.

if your making the side dish aswell do that first

put sliced onion, garlic and fry light in pan and soften, add tin of tomatoes salt & pepper & simmer.

they sound great thanks babe i will defo give them a try,
  • Also if you get any recipes will you post them on here as I don't go to classes now (oh works when I could go) so lose inspiration sometimes. xx
  • You're welcome. Good luck and let me know what you think when you've tried them!
  • I did it a couple of years ago and liked it. But I seem to remember it needed lots of prep and cooking, which I just know I don't have time for now. Whereas with ww I can have a ready meal if I'min a rush and just count the points. S x
  • im back on it and absolutely love it!! i do miss sausages, but you can get free ones, they are just gross. lost 11lb in my first 3 weeks, got slimmer of the months too!!
  • I really want to start slimming world but im doing really well on my own so far...lost 12lb so far. My nan and a mate have both done it and both love it! Both of them have lost over 2 stone. i definately think its one of the best diets out there though can be quite complicated, but once you get use to it its very easy x
  • I tried it before i got pregant and tbh i quite liked it but i hated my leader, she was so unmotivating and quite mean if you didnt have a loss so i stopped going. My mum's just become a weight watchers leader so i'm going to try that once i've finished breast feeding i think x
  • I tried it before i got pregant and tbh i quite liked it but i hated my leader, she was so unmotivating and quite mean if you didnt have a loss so i stopped going. My mum's just become a weight watchers leader so i'm going to try that once i've finished breast feeding i think x

thats not good iv only been to one meeting as i started last week and the leader seemed really nice, was very encouraging to all even those who had gained or maintained there weight