Forum home Babies Baby

Baby poo advice please

Hi girls

My baby is 4 weeks old and for the past week has been constipated (going once a day but really hard and baby straining) then all of a sudden 2 days ago she has started going 3-4 times a day and the poo is porridge consistency!! She is being fed on SMA gold and has been since birth because she wouldn't breast feed. The poo hasn't changed colour and she is still having plenty of wet nappies. Its not explosive and smells the same. I spoke to my sister and she said her baby's poo changed all the time and not to worry. What do you think? Normal?

Replies

• my first baby used to get really contipated on SMA Gold so HV said to give her 1oz fresh OJ with 3oz boiled water!! I also changed formula to Aptamil as it is the closest to Breast Milk and have had no probs at all xx
  • My baby did this, I asked HV about it and she said that as weird as it sounds babies practice pooing! My lo goe at least 3 times a day now, before (about 4/5 wks old) it was every other day.
  • Thanks for your input girls! I am sure its nothing to worry about. Have spoken to another of my friends and she has said that her baby was the same. Think its just me being anxious and my other half says its nothing to worry about x