Forum home Babies Baby

What age.......??

Did you lo's start rolling over and crawling?

Lyns

My little boy Lochlan does neither he's 13 weeks on Thursday coming image

Replies

• I think it varies greatly. Kyra's 8 months and sits unaided, but it yet to roll/crawl. xox
  • Gabe never rolled until 6 1/2 months. He went back to front. Hes 9 months now. He's gone back-2-front a total of 6 times in his life and front-2- back once. But as a rule he never rolls. Now he's sitting up he doesnt like being on his back too much (doesnt mind it for changes, but would rather play sat up) and he has never had tummy time for longer than 3 minutes as he hates it.

He doesn't crawl and I doubt he ever will as he doesn't even do those 'mini push ups' with his arms, he just flails about when on tummy and cries. HV keeps nagging at me to push it with tummy time and just let him cry it out when on tummy but I am not comfortable with this & will not do it. I read once that babies have an inbuilt urge to move and won't stay put forever!
    xxx
  • Thanks Yummy Mummy,

I wasnt sure what age is normal to be doing certain things.

xx
  • Tiger Lily

I totaly agree on the not pushing them when they cry part as my little one does this really hearty cry if i leave him to long and it kills me, they find it easier to tell us to push them because its not their baby!!

I like seeing all the different ages that babies do certain things

xx
  • Tiger Lily

I totaly agree on the not pushing them when they cry part as my little one does this really hearty cry if i leave him to long and it kills me, they find it easier to tell us to push them because its not their baby!!

I like seeing all the different ages that babies do certain things

xx
  • I think if you're talking about average it would be:
    Rolling- 4/5 months.
    Crawling- 8/9 months.
    But as me & yummy mummy have found, all babies are different, some are crawling by 5 months but some babies never roll or crawl!!xxx
  • Tyler rolled at 6 months Defo dont worry about it yet hun xx
  • jayden rolled at 13 weeks back and front
    he crawled at 5 and half months at the same time, he sat unaided and said mama..

he walked along he funiture at 6 and hlf months.. hes 8 months now, but hes alwys been very very active and alert, even when he was a newborn, he never even slept!!! but every baby diffrent my sis lo couldent sit,crawl till he was 9 months xx
  • Ashton was about 4 or 5 months when he started rolling, but to be honest I thought he would never do it as he hated tummy time. Now he loves it - even sleeps on his tummy! He is 7 1/2 months and has started to crawl - sort off pulls himself along on his arms, but the last couple of days is getting up on his feet more & more. He can now sit unaided but wouldn't trust him to do it for too long so always make sure there are cushions around him in case he falls. xxxx