Forum home Babies Baby

really proud of myself!

I've had real issues with going out on my own with Charlie, tbh I've hardly gone out unless im with hubby or my mum. Anyway things came to a head the otherday when i ended up having a panic attack before I was due to go out and broke down crying at the thought - i felt so guilty and such a bad mum. I've spoken with mum and hubby (and also gave myself a big talking too!!!) so...(this is gonna sound SOOOOO daft but it's huge for me!) this morning I took Charlie for a walk, around the village on my own and it was not too bad. He got a bit grouchy as I put him in the pushchair but i stayed calm and as soon as we hit the fresh air, he fell asleep. He did wake up but seemed quite content! yay!

sorry i know its a really stupid problem compared to others just glad i did it.xx

[Modified by: funkymonkey83 on 12 February 2009 11:40:31 ]

Replies

• Its not stupid hun like you asay its a big thing well done you i bet charlie loved the fresh air and it will do you both good! Maybe try the same route tomorrow and then extend it a little each tim eyou feel you can xx
  • ah thanks girls (i actually got teary reading your replies!) Im going with Charlie to meet a friend and he lo for a hot chocolate tomorrow - feeling nervous but looking forward to it (got my gym induction b4 that tho - eek!).xx
  • ah thanks girls (i actually got teary reading your replies!) Im going with Charlie to meet a friend and he lo for a hot chocolate tomorrow - feeling nervous but looking forward to it (got my gym induction b4 that tho - eek!).xx
  • Massive well done. I posted on your last topic to say that i'm pretty much the same. I get into a flap so easily when i go out on my own with Lucy. I've been very brave today too, i met up with a couple of girls through netmums and we went along to a baby group together. Scary, meeting new people as i have no self confidence which is why i get into such a state on my own. But it was really good. I very nearly didn't go. I sat in my room and cried (how pathetic do i sound) but i didn't want to let people down that i'd arranged to meet, and i'm so pleased i went. Sorry to go on about myself but i just wanted you to know that you are not alone feeling like it.

Well done again x
  • thanks Laura - it's nice to know i'm not alone in feeling like this and hopefully it'll get easier (for us both!) Netmums is great isn't it, not actually met anyone but i've chatted to loads of mums on there.xx
  • It's not stupid at all. Well done for being brave xx
  • Really well done. It is difficult the first few times but it will only get better now. And as everyone else has said its not stupid , and if we are all honest quite a few people here have felt the same to some extent.

I personnaly dread the thought of taking LO on public transport on my own, will face that when I need to though.
  • well done hun. as others have said it is definately not stupid- if you have been sufferin from anxiety and panic attacks it is a big acheivement. dont put yourself down.xxx
  • Well done you! Once you get used to going out and about it opens up a lot more options. We don't go to many groups, but now that Riley is used to his pushchair we can walk somewhere if we're feeling grumpy and it's just nice to see different things other than our four walls. Enjoy your hot choccie! A friend of mine took her LO on a plane recently and said she screamed the whole way to their holiday! Eek. Charlie will get to an age soon where he is more easily distracted so it'll be much easier. When I used to take Riley out he used to decide he needed feeding there and then and I'd feel terrible when he was getting upset, but now you can give him a toy and he's fine until we get home if needs be. You sound like a great mum from your posts. xxx
  • Well done you! Once you get used to going out and about it opens up a lot more options. We don't go to many groups, but now that Riley is used to his pushchair we can walk somewhere if we're feeling grumpy and it's just nice to see different things other than our four walls. Enjoy your hot choccie! A friend of mine took her LO on a plane recently and said she screamed the whole way to their holiday! Eek. Charlie will get to an age soon where he is more easily distracted so it'll be much easier. When I used to take Riley out he used to decide he needed feeding there and then and I'd feel terrible when he was getting upset, but now you can give him a toy and he's fine until we get home if needs be. You sound like a great mum from your posts. xxx
  • Hi FM- I think you deserve a big pat on the back for being such a fab Mum. It's hard to actually 'do' the things we think we should and I find myself on wopping guilt trips on a daily basis.
    It takes me 1 1/2 hours just to get out of the house & I applaude anyone who manages a walk or trip(even if it's around the garden!) xx