Forum home Babies Baby

hopefully i will be joining you soon: quick Q!

Hi girls image
Im popping over from pregnacy,
I cannot wait to join the baby forum :\)

Im wondering if you lovely ladies could help me out.

This is my first pregnacy and I am 40weeks and am still only 3/5ths engaged.
My Q is:
Were you dully engaged when you went into labour with your first?

xxx

Replies

• No, I think I was only 2/5ths, and he was 10 days late.
  • i gave birth nearly 8 weeks early. i went to see the midwife for my 32 week app on the monday and my lo's head wasnt engaged at all. i gave birth on the thursday just 3 days later. so things can change very quickly.

fingers crossed it wont be too much longer for you

• i gave birth nearly 8 weeks early. i went to see the midwife for my 32 week app on the monday and my lo's head wasnt engaged at all. i gave birth on the thursday just 3 days later. so things can change very quickly.

• [Modified by: kar1234 on February 12, 2009 04:43 PM]

• Thats promising news girls :\)
    Thank yooou.
    I am terrified of having to have a c-sec.
    I had always believed that you baby had to be fully engaged with your first baby to actually go into labour.

• I was only1/5 engaged when my waters broke, my mw said the contractions will push my baby down, and must of worked cos the next day my baby was here! (I was 39 weeks with my first) x
  • hi hun ooohh how exiting not long now ....i went to see my midwife on monday 2nd at 10am and she wasnt engaged at all.....she was born at 5.56pm that day !! lol....good luck hun xxxxxx
  • fin was 1/5th engaged when i turned up at the hospital in early labour!!!lol. it can happen so quickly and then yourlo will be here.whoop whoop.xxx
  • No i was only 3/5 when i went into labour with my first x
  • I was 3/5 and was 10 days late. All changed very quickly when the time came though. S x
  • Oooo sounds promising then.

She has been 3/5ths for 3 and a half weeks now, so perhaps she will stay put until im actually in labour.
    xxx