Forum home Babies Baby

We're going backwards please help.

Hi
My Lo is 12 weeks old (was 3 weeks early) and breast fed

The thing is he has always been quite good at night apart from the occasional time. However he's been waking more frequently during the night.
He used to sleep till 4.30 plus even right through to 7am a few times. However this week he's been waking at 2.30am and then again at 5 or 6am for a feed.
I thougt it could be a growth spurt but he his eating pattern is the same in the day.

My OH has tried to comfort him and tuck him in but he's wide awake (not screaming crying just whimpering) and when I feed him he seems really hungry and has a good feed.

I always start the day at 7am regardless to try to keep to a routine as much as possible but he's continuing to wake in the night. Last night it was a bit earlier at 1.30 - 2am.

Has anyone else had this, how did you overcome it?

ANY tips, advice or suggestions are welcome.

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly problem it's not a major issue but I don't want him to get into a habit or have this as new part of his routine and would much rather try getting him back to sleeping more at night.

Thanks in advance.

[Modified by: Bell26 on 14 February 2009 08:46:19 ]

Replies

• Sounds like a growth spurt and LO is about the right age. Try to work with it as it wont last for long.

If you think it might be a habbit you could try using a dummy or other comforter. If LO settles after being given a comforter then it could be the begining of a habbit.

Is LO a big baby? Is LO in a crib/ moses basket and feeling a bit cramped?

Still think its one othe many dreaded growth spurts though LOL