Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

funny baby brain monents?

Hi Ladies,

Just thought this could be a really funny thread. Have any of you been suffering from babybrain and what silly things have you done as a consqequence??

I have Scalded myself with boiling water whilst trying to fill a hot water bottle- not so funny at first but can laugh now.
trapped my leg in the car door, i mean how does anyone forget there leg is still there , that hurt too
burnt my hand on the filiament on the grill trying to clean it- I wouldnt usually try and clean it when it was still switched on.

Thankfully these injuries are only minor and wont leave a lasting effect but just demonstrates how thick i have suddenly become. Anyone else keeping a notepad and pen close by at all times? 3 times i have been to my mums to get mama mia off her, and forgot???

Would love to hear anyone elses mishaps and hopefully give us all a laugh today x:lol:

Replies

• this is a very regular thing for me, i forget where i have parked the car at the supermarket and spend ages wandering around, and i now have to write little reminders on my hand or else they go out the window, i have done so many dumb things but the problem is i amsat here and i cant for the life of me think what they were i can just remember it being funny!!

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pp___.png

• I went shopping with my mum last week, she was looking everywhere for her purse then she asked me if I knew where she left it I told her i had no idea, but it was in my hand the whole time!!
  • i keep forgetting things, and when watching the TV i have to keep asking hubby what the celebs names are as i keep forgetting!

one of my moments which hubby won't let me forget is when i opened a draw in our kitchen, where the sandwich bags etc are kepts, and i found the cheese i was meant to have put back in the fridge the night before!
    i almost did the same with some steak the other night but managed to top myself...!!

24+3 xxx
  • Excellant - that is hilarious I have not yet starting hiding or forgetting where i have put things but sure this will come soon.

keep them comming am chuckling away here to my self- DH in bed as been on nights so cant LOL must just chuckle x
  • oh mrs-e ive done that too, and I was nearly crying when I couldnt find it in the fridge cos I was craving it soooo bad, I even blamed John for giving it to the dog hehe.
  • i swear im not making this up but was getting dressed to go to swimming and just through i would thow on a pair of black linen pants as they are loose at waistband and confortable. Thanks god i checked myself before walking out of door. I had them on inside out! LOL I swear im not making it up i just dont believe how thick i now am. x
  • I'm forgetting everything. Even words for things and my preg brain is replacing them with similar ish ones. Don't know I've said anything wrong till hubby gives me that puzzled look.
    Trying to remember examples

Jellyfish became stingfish
    Ice on the road became glass on the road
  • hi, the other day i went shopping with my mum, and she asked me to phone my sister to pick her up from there local train station (they live in the middle of the countryside so no way for her to get from the train station to the house) as she had no credit on her phone. I said ok and she got on the train. an hour later i got a phone call from my mum asking if i was ok as my sister hadn't arrrived, it was only then that i remembered i hadn't phoned my sister, oops very hasty call to my sister and my mum got picked up, i know i shouldn't laugh about it but i can't help it.
    xx
    33+4
  • Gotta say the worse i've had thru this pregnancy is forgetting how to spell! and also getting me kids names mixed up lol

Claire
    31+1
  • I couldnt find my keys the other day, finally tracked them down, they were in the fridge! The milk was on the side...
    I keep forgetting things too, like i'll go into the kitchen or get halfway up the stairs, then have no idea what i wanted! Oh, and keep forgetting about things in the oven too, so we'll get halfway through dinner, i'll wonder what the smell is and find little black yorkshire puds still cooking away! I'm hoping my brain goes back to normal after this one, but not holding out much hope, cos it didnt after having my boys!!!
  • oh my god, this really made me laugh! Really cheered up my monday morning!

I have to write EVERYTHING down at the moment otherwise i forget. Everytime I go to the midwife she comments on my writing on my hand!

I guess the silliest thing I have done is write 'cat' and 'discount' on my work to do list and to this day, have no idea why! i don't have a cat, and no idea what discount means!

Cas 34+4
  • oh my god, this really made me laugh! Really cheered up my monday morning!

I have to write EVERYTHING down at the moment otherwise i forget. Everytime I go to the midwife she comments on my writing on my hand!

I guess the silliest thing I have done is write 'cat' and 'discount' on my work to do list and to this day, have no idea why! i don't have a cat, and no idea what discount means!

Cas 34+4
  • I have no idea why that posted twice, oops sorry!
  • Oh this is cheering me up on a miserable Monday!
    I have gone to work with my cardie on inside out, have tried to put the kettle in the fridge instead of the milk.
    I left an oil burner on in the lounge on Friday whilst I was sat in the Kitchen with my friend and when I went back into the lounge the whole thing was in flames.
    I'm only 9 weeks in so there is no hope for me!!
  • OMG Me this morning!!!!!

My mum called at 8.30 to ask if she could take my daughter out for the day with some other children as she is a teacher so off for half term
    I advised that she has nusery but went to on to giver her ideas where to take the kids etc then 15 mins later was just about to set off to nursery then realised Omg it is half term so obv no nusery as she only goes term time!!!!!!!!! Complete baby brain!
    I had to rush over to my mums which is 8 miles away as i had hospital appt at 10am. What a stress!I cant beleive how long it took me to click on!

Glad to know were all just as bad.

xx
    x