Forum home Babies Baby

blood in poop!!!!

Hi ive just changed Connors nappy and there were streaks of blood in his poo which was mucousy, hes got apimply rash on his face too.
Ive just rang nhs direct and they told me to call back if he hasany more.
Have any of your babies had this?
Gill
xxxx

Replies

• Charlotte once had mucous in her poo when she had a tummy upset but never blood. Even though nhs direct said call back if he had any more I would make an appointment at your docs. Is there any chance you can keep the poo to show your doc?!

[Modified by: ccbmommy on February 15, 2009 03:55 PM]

• Ive put the nappy in a nappy sack but not in the nappy wrapper just in case, Il make an appointment with his doc tomorrow then thankyou
    xxxx
  • Is your LO constipated do you think, could be that he is straining....

I would go see your GP tomorrow to be on the safe side if it continues...
  • No he not constipated at all sometimes we dont even know hes about to poop! I checked his anus aswell and there didnt appear to be anything wrong with it
    xxxx
  • No he not constipated at all sometimes we dont even know hes about to poop! I checked his anus aswell and there didnt appear to be anything wrong with it
    xxxx
  • Yeah I would nip and see your GP tomorrow then hun see what they say...
  • yeah i thinki will, thanks
    xxxx
  • Hey if it gets really bad as in all the poo is mucusy blood it could be a rare condition where the stomach turns back on itself, but the baby would be in immense pain and the blood would be almosy redcurrant jelly like. David had a lot of blood in his poo, turns out he was milk protein intolerant and is now on nutramigen special milk image Hope this helps xxx
  • Hi, my lo had this when he was about 6 months, a small amount of blood in mucus over about 3 days but apart from that he seemed fine. I took him to the GP and was referred to paeds at the the hospital (although they obviously weren't too worried as the appointment was almost 3 weeks later). The doctor there said that it was probably an infection and can sometimes happen and that if it stops o it's own they usually don't investigate it as often they can't find out why anyway. Sorry, I can't remember what other possibilities there were, wasn't really concentrating as I was so relieved. It has never returned though, so hopefully it was just an infection.

Hope it doesn't happen again and they put your mind at rest when you take him to the gp, xxx