Forum home Babies Baby

How many teeth?

My little one is nearly 8 months old and his 5th tooth came through this morning - anybody know how many he will get before we get a break for a while? Also is it normal to have so many - when we see people in the street they always seem so surprised to see his teeth! I know he got his 1st 2 very early at 4 months but how many teeth did your litlle ones have at this age?

Lianne and Christopher x

Replies

• my lo is 8 months and 2 weeks, and he now has 4 teeth, 2 top 2 bottom,

xx
  • Maddi is 8 months and has only got 1 tooth. Where as Ollie had 6 teeth by the time he was 6 months. With him we didnt get a break from teething as soon as one finished coming up he had his next one through. This carried on until his last tooth came up just before his first birthday last year.
  • Charlotte got her bottom 2 at 6 months. Then 3 top ones & 2 more bottom ones came thru at about 10 months within a few weeks of each other (nightmare). The remaining top tooth is just coming thru at 13 months. Now I can't wait for those pesky 1st molars........!
  • bri had her 1st tooth at 8mons, the 2 top ones n we neva saw signs of illness jus saw the teeth popping out
  • i was 13 months before i had any then cut 5 in the back overnight with none in the front. i started teething at about 6 weeks my mum said but took forever to get any. she did say that that i went to bed with no teeth ans woke up with 5 but didnt have any pain with them
  • Rhys got his first 2 teeth at 4 months, then got another 4 at around 7 months. He is now 9 1/2months cutting his 7th tooth! xx
  • Poppy got her first at 6 month and 1 week, closely followed by another the week later! She is now 17 months and has 16 teeth, just 4 more big back ones to come and I can't wait for it all to be over! She's been really bad with this last one (a fang type one at the front!) and has struggled bless her!
  • Grace is 10months and has just cut her 7th tooth, we have been really lucky so far and havnt had much trouble with them,
    xxx
  • jack will be 7 months on wed and cut his 2 bottom teeth last week.

xx