Forum home Babies Baby

I feel sad :( ...

Ok this may sound really bad! I totally love my little girl who is now 16 days old (already!!) but i desperately miss being pregnant!! When i see pregnant ladies i feel jealous! lol
I cant look ay my maternity clothes without getting a lump in my throat, when i see my bump pictures my eyes sting and i feel like im gonna cry!! :cry:
What is wrong with me??!!

Anyone else felt like this after they have had their baby!

Sharon xx
http://m1.lilypie.com/pQPd0/.png

Replies

• Aeh hun it is so normal! I was exactly the same for oh about 6 months and still now i'll get a pang and think I really wanna be pregnant again and go back to the excitement and unknown of it all instead of the reality! I desperately love my little one who will be a year old in 6 weeks (vomit vomit) but there are times when I just think ahhhh you used to be in my tummy and i'd poke it and you'd poke back and I miss it.

Totally normal love so don't worry xxxx
  • Aeh hun it is so normal! I was exactly the same for oh about 6 months and still now i'll get a pang and think I really wanna be pregnant again and go back to the excitement and unknown of it all instead of the reality! I desperately love my little one who will be a year old in 6 weeks (vomit vomit) but there are times when I just think ahhhh you used to be in my tummy and i'd poke it and you'd poke back and I miss it.

Totally normal love so don't worry xxxx
  • aww hun i felt exactly the same same after having my daughter.

I was going through my clothes because i'd got some that just weren't fitting and my maternity stuff and i also sobbed when i stuck them in a bag for the charity shop. Its funny how it becomes a part of you and then you get the best bit out of it but miss the bump.

Its not only you at all. It doesn't help that it takes so long to get your normal hormones back so we still have pregnancy head for ages where we could cry at a crumb on the carpet. lol

It will pass

Lisa xxx
  • I was like this with both!

I think it's the fact that when you're pregnant only you can feel the kicks and the baby is all yours and when she arrived you have to share her.

With my first I comforted myself with the fact that I knew I'd be having another but now I've had my 2nd and don't think we're having any more I cant even think about packing away my maternity clothes.
  • Not to the extent that you feel but yes I do miss being pregnant and already am looking forward to being pregnant again.... Although I look at my maternity clothes and want to burn them as I was sick of the sight of the bloody things by the time LO arrived!!

I was thinking earlier about when we found out I was pregnant which was March 08, hubby came home to find me tucked up in bed piling on the sympathy for feeling crap (sickness kicked in before we knew!!) and surrounded by pregnancy magazines I'd had stashed under my bed and hadn't dared read but kept buying!!!! LOL. I put my hand on my stomach earlier and the way I did it reminded me of when I used to cuddle my bump...

Big hugs I'm sure it'll get easier for us all who miss it xxx
  • I was like this with both of mine, but only for a few days, no more than 2.3 weeks! I got close to tears after having Kelsie and really wanted another one, even though deep down I knew I didn't, I even told everyone I wanted another one, so when I fell pg with Jack when Kelsie was 11 weeks old, people think I got pg deliberatly! I really didn't, he was deffo a suprise, but the best suprise I could've had!

xx
  • I'm the same - I don't get upset when I look at bump pics though, just nostalgic. I also get jealous of other people's bumps! I can't wait to do it all again.
  • My maternity clothes are still in the wardrobe...and cams 8 months! lol! I miss my bump and the feeling of being pregnant and i get jelous of other bumps but i dont want to be pregnant again for a good long while xx
  • aww hun i felt like this after having jack i really badly wanted another and it was worse cos dan kept saying 5 year gap :evil: :lol: ...i managed to convince him 2.5 years was enough and here we are with sophia .... :\) this time i dont feel this ,i had already said we would only have 2 (unless she was a boy in which case i would have carried on until i got a girl too :lol: )but she is a girl so thats it i can stop now....i feel relief this time as i spent so long worrying that everything wouldnt be ok and it is more than ok its perfect i dont want to feel like that again ........

katie u meanie laughing like that :lol::lol: ...sharon im sure it wont be long u will be announcing number 2 image:lol:

big kisses for jaimi-lee xxxxxxxxxxx
  • I think that's partly why so many women fall pg soon after having lo. yes, you get broody for another but also desparate to be pg again. I think I could go through 9months of pregnancy but I'm not actually ready for another baby, still coping and tryingt o enjoy this one. Maybe I could be a surrogate for someone else, not my egg. Their egg I could just incubate. Actually not the 1st time I've considered this ... S x
  • I miss being pregnant so much, when i was over due i didnt mind as i loved pregnancy so much, i didnt mind if my pregnancy lasted a year!. I get mega- bump envy, cant wait til i get pregnant again!! xx

[Modified by: ~babybear~ on February 17, 2009 09:41 AM]