Forum home Babies Baby

calpol night

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone used Calpol 'night' with their LO, Ben (19weeks old) has got a terrible cold, and was up nearly all of last night not being able to breath properly, I used karvol, raised his cot etc. I went to the Pharmacist today and she said to give him Calpol night which apparently is a bit like medised, and it will clear their nose and help them sleep... I've never heard of it before and just wondered if anybody had any experience with it.

Thanks

Replies

• hi, i have used it for evie when teething has been really bad, we both had a better nights sleep image
    xx
  • i think I must have a crap pharmacist, as the calpol website says from 2 years too, although the box does say 3 months. I gave it to Ben last night (before I checked the website!) and he slept really well, but I best not give it to him again. really annoying getting conflicting advice from people who are meant to know what they are talking about!! Hope kai gets better soon hun x x
  • u can buy calpol night for 2+yrs and one for 3+m i got some from chemist last wk and i was just asked what age it was for, i said 9m so was given the 3m+ bottle
    i do wish they wld make up their minds! and stop changing things all the time its sooo frustrating.
    xx
  • thank you so much kirst3, that's good to know...i'm a worrier as it is, without confusing medicines. thanks hun x x x
  • I used medised for the 1st time last night as Poppy has been really poorly and up all night as she can't breathe properly and is coughing all the time - I don't mind getting up with her at all but she's so grumpy in the morning cos she hasn't slept so I went to a chemist for Medised and they asked her age and when I said 17 months they wouldn't sell it to me. I went to the next chemist down the road and I lied when they asked so I got it. She slept so much better because of it and has woken up a much happier little girl. It did concern me though about how drowsy it made her.