Forum home Babies Baby

Gap between babies?

Hi Ladies!

Have been thinking about when to have another baby and the gap between the two....but the thing that is bothering me is this...do you have to go back to work for a minimum amount of time before having maternity leave again and getting SMP? I'm sure I would get snotty comments about having another baby before Lily is 2 from people at work - I don't really care to be honest, but I don't want to be treated differently at work because of it. I already feel a bit like it now am back at work ( still looking for another job but not many teachers jobs out there at the min).

Anyway, just wondered what experiences other people have had....sorry for the ramble!

Louise.

Replies

• You should have your next child when your ready. People usually give snotty comments when you have another child so soon as they assume your careless.

We want to try again next spring/summer 2010 as thats the kind of gap i'd like between the next one and Aiden, so he'd be about 2???? when the next one is born. With my job we have to be back at work for at least 3 months i think before we get SMP and OMP again.
  • You should have your next child when your ready. People usually give snotty comments when you have another child so soon as they assume your careless.

We want to try again next spring/summer 2010 as thats the kind of gap i'd like between the next one and Aiden, so he'd be about 2???? when the next one is born. With my job we have to be back at work for at least 3 months i think before we get SMP and OMP again.
  • i think it depends on the job. we just have to have continuous service in a particular job for 6 months to get both smp and omp again. we are thinkin of tryin again next jan-feb time as fin will be 18 months old by then and there will be bout 2 and half years between them. stuff what they say at work. im dreadin goin back as people were awful when i was pg.hopin il get a new job soon.xxx