Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PANIC... UPDATE - Panic Over!

I can't find the hb on my doppler. Am freaking out. :cry:

I'm only 11 weeks but I have found it all the other times really easily. Has anyone else had this? Could it just be that baby is lying in a funny position.

I'm so worried image

*********************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE

I did what Mrs_e suggested and managed to find the hb. It was much further left than it has been before. Phew. V relieved. But OMG I don't want to experience that feeling again so I'm going to put the doppler away for a while now, it's not good for my sanity...! Scan is in 11 days...

Thanks for your reassuring words as always ladies.

x

[Modified by: Baby B on 20 February 2009 19:52:35 ]

Replies

• hun please don't worry - 11 weeks is very early to hear it. i have had a few times where i didn't find it straight away. i would recommend leaving it a few hours, having a drink of water, walking round a bit then trying again. mine was in a different place every time i looked for it. they move around so much.

also at that stage mine was very very low down.

even now he wriggles into a position sometimes where it isn't as clear to hear as other times.

please don't worry hun, i'm sure your bean is fine image

xxxxx
    25+1
  • really dont worry! 11 weeks is REALLY early, like Mrs E said, relax, wait a bit and try again.

I am sure the baby is just in an awkward position, they do like to freak us out!
  • really dont worry! 11 weeks is REALLY early, like Mrs E said, relax, wait a bit and try again.

I am sure the baby is just in an awkward position, they do like to freak us out!
  • I agree with mrs e 11 weeks is really early and even the mw wont listen untill 16 weeks. just relax and maybe try again later tonight. Im sure hes just turned round and hiding somewhere!

Jennie 30+6
  • i forgot to mention hun, at my 16 week appointment my mw was about to listen for mine and she stopped saying it was still quite early and she wouldn't want to worry me if she didn't find it, but i told her i'd been listening since 13 weeks (and she shouted at me, saying i'd end up worrying myself!) and only then did she decide to look for it (luckily she found it ok).

i was about to say in my email to you please don't worry yourself when using your doppler. they can be very good for reassurance but they can cause worry. that's why i limit myself to two days a week maximum.

big hugs hun xxxx
  • My mum is a student mw and it is like something all mw are dead against as it can cause unnecessary worry. Like all the others have said 11 weeks is so early, you shouldnt rely on a doppler yet to tell you baby is ok. when is your scan? xx
    16+6 xx
  • Don't you go scaring yourself missy!
    Although we had the same happen tonight - Angus was kicking all the way through the movie and as soon as I put the doppler on, nothing! He'd moved an inch to the left, but also, there wasn't enough gel on the doppler bit!
    Glad you found it!
    Joo xxx
  • Aw, bless him. He obviously doesn't like to perform on demand! I can't wait to feel movements. Feeling really nervous and excited now I'm in the 1ww to 12 weeks...! x