Forum home Babies Baby

so upset!tax credits grrr!

sorry 4 the moan but im so upset!! iv just received a letter to say iv gotta pay a whole yrs tax credits back and i feel sick!my maternity pay has ended and hubbie is on shit wages cuz not long joined the army and his pay dosent go up for another month.They want almost 4 grand back and i dnt know wot im gonna do!!all this is because i didnt send my form back last yr cuz i was slightly preoccupied having a baby!! i did ring up and gave details over phone and the woman i spoke 2 said i didnt need 2 send form back,well apparently they have no reccolection of that call so i gotta pay it back!! I feel like i dnt know y i bother!! money is very tight at the mo and i am now gonna consider moving with hubbie when hes permanently based to save money so we can pay these debts back.I didnt want to just yet as holys in school and didnt want to move her,also my mum is a great support n didnt wanna move from her.To add to the stress im 3 mths pregnant with baby number 3 and am under a great consultant at our nearby hospital that helped with my last 2 pregnancies and if i move dnt know wot will happen there!we lost ds1 at 6 mths so i have to have a cervical suture at 3 mths and then removed at 8 mths and if i move got no idea what will happen with it all! sorry 4 the rant but so pissed off! our earning were low last year anyway cuz i was on maternity pay and hubby was in and out of wrk and they want all this money back off us!!grrr xxxx

Replies

• I can only suggest that you go to Citizens Advice and ask them about paying it back. Citizens Advice are fab and don't get enough credit for what they do.

Hope you get it sorted,
    Kerry
    X X X
  • I can only suggest that you go to Citizens Advice and ask them about paying it back. Citizens Advice are fab and don't get enough credit for what they do.

Hope you get it sorted,
    Kerry
    X X X
  • i wld see cab too hun, as if u were entitled to it u shouldnt have to repay it.
    im always getting letters about overpayments?
    frustrating as my circumstances havnt changed.
    but tax credits people were very good and i repay ??20 per month and was told if at any time i have difficulty paying i just phone them and they reduce the payments image

hope u get it sorted hun, xxx
  • I'd also go to CAB honey. Maybe they can help you delay paying it for a while, and when you do maybe your payments will be low. We always do our Tax Credits over the phone, but think I'll send the form back in April when the renewals come out. A lady I know had to pay back about 4 grand too and she is still paying it off to this day. So nasty how they just expect you to cough up 4 grand. Maybe they should realise that money dont grow on trees!!

xx
  • think i will get an appointment booked with cab thanx ladies! cant believe it its so annoying!!
  • i appealed already and they said i need 2 pay it back! the bloke on the phone said that the woman hadnt taken all details dwn and i was meant to ring back with exact earnings or something so dnt know if i forgot with having grace or if she even said that 2 me!!
  • I'm quite sure their calls are recorded. If they are ask for an investigation to be made, so that they can trace your call hon. Like SB says they may have made a mistake. Although big companies like that seem to get away with murder dont they :evil:

xx
  • these people annoy me so much. i was a single parent when i first had LO, and when i moved in with my now hubby, i rang and told them and they adjusted our claim, all fine, then i went back to work, so i rang them and they changed it, when i recieved the letter i was supprised to see that they were giving me more money,even tho our income had gone up,not down! so i rang them 3 times to say it doesnt seem right and was reassure each time it would be correct, then came the blow, had to repay everything back! i rang them to check on something the other day and they said they didnt reievce my chnage of job, i said in a very patronising voice, yes you did sweeteart coz i rang you in august and have a letter here in front of me with the right hours on it and its the only job i have done with 37.5 hours!
    she just said, oh ok, and didnt ask about it again.
    go and see CAB i wish i had x