Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

not baby related -- sorry if tmi -- smear testing

i have a bit of a dilemma.
im nearly 21 and i have a 10 1/2 month old daughter. i recently asked a nurse at my GPs if i could have a smear test, but as the age was raised she said no. i didnt know it had been raised. well, since then i had discovered that i have lots of tiny little lumps on my cervix (self-exam). they arent painful or anything but they werent there a few months ago. but now, im scared to go to the docs incase they say that i cant have an exam until im 25, and if it is something suspicious, it might get worse. im probably over reacting, but i suppose its better to be safe than sorry. what do u lot think??

grace and erica xxx

Replies

• I think you have every right to have any medical concern addressed regardless of your age - go back there and insist on it. There's no such thing as overreacting to something like this. x
  • Go back hun .when i had my first lo my gp said i didnt need one . due to various problems in preg i was consultant led care with my second and the consultant advised me that i needed one even though im only 24 now. could be a hormone thing that causes the little lumps. have u got a well women clinic or g.u.m clinic that will do it if u dont want to go to drs. ur not overreacting. get it checked out to be on the safe said x