Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stretchmarks

I was wondering for those that got strechmarks, what months did you get them in? I have been using palmers cocoa butter since i found out but probably everyother day. Once I get into the 2nd Trimester it will be everyday and I think i am going to splash out on bio oil.

I think I will get strechmarks, i have silvers ones on hips from growing up.

Replies

• i have silver ones only little ones though from growing but nothing bad at all, and i am on number 4, i just use normal moisturiser, i think if you are going to get them bad you will just get them in most cases but it doesnt hurt to try and stop it!

chloe 33+4
  • I read that it really doesn't matter what cream you use, if your going to get stretch marks you'll get them - Sorry to disappoint you. But, I have been slapping on cream morning and night to keep my skin soft, also been having a lot of baths with cream in.
    Shell
    36+6
  • Hi hun, I think I will get them too as I have them on my thighs and hips already (just little silver ones) Also my twin got loads of stretch marks so I can't see that I will get away with it if she didn't! I've quite petite as well so think my skin has A LOT of stretching to do - eeek!

I'm gonna use Cocoa Butter. Haven't started yet (want to wait until after 12 weeks to know all is ok) But I've read that there's really nothing you can do to stop them. image

• Hi i have read if you re going to get them then you will, i have used bio oil first two pregnancies and am 33 weeks into my third and so far so good, i would definately get a bottle. They also say stretchmarks are herreditory, i.e if your mums has them rom birth then you will get them too image
  • Hi,

Just gatecrashing your forum. I had my LO 9 weeks ago. I also had a few silvery ones on my hips from growing up. I was really worried about getting them during pregnancy. As soon as i found out i was pg i started using clarins 'huille' tonic, at ??35 for a very small bottle it started proving quite expensive. I then used a tub of sanctuary mum to be butter before using bio oil. In the last few weeks i used palmers stretchmark cream and I NEVER got any stretchmarks at all. I like to think that all the money on the potions and lotions did have an effect but i think alot of it has alot to do with your make up and the elasticity of your skin. Theory says if your mum or siblings got them then theres a good chance you will to.

Good luck.x
  • HI i am nealry 8 weeks and am using biooil daily. This is because i already have a lot of stretch marks from losing a lot of weight so my skin does not have very much springy ness! I am hoping that i will only restretch my existing marks as i hate my tummy for this reason and dont want any more. However the end product is what i want more so i will try to avoid them but ultimatley they shouldnt matter too much. x
  • Hi,
    I am covered from my first pregnancy but actually they aren't that bad anymore! This time I haven't got any new ones. I will use strivectin after have given birth this time like I did with my first very pricey but fab.
    If you get them you get them, my mum had 3 of us and doesn't have any and neither does my grnadma it just depends on the elasticity of your skin. Do the bump mirror test I thought I didn't have any with my first till I looked closely with a mirror!!. Lots of tears at first but have leanrt to live with them and oh doesn't care!
    Dani 34 weeks
  • hi. i have stretch marks from my last pg (4.5 yrs ago) and didnt get them until the last 3 weeks of pg. i was covered in them,theyv only faded a little bit!! and i was using the coco butter and bio oil a few months later. xx
  • hi. i have stretch marks from my last pg (4.5 yrs ago) and didnt get them until the last 3 weeks of pg. i was covered in them,theyv only faded a little bit!! and i was using the coco butter and bio oil a few months later. xx
  • Hi aka. How u doin hun? Hope your pregnancy is going well so far? I've got existing stretch marks on hips and boobs from weight gain/loss. I've been using some bio oil, some mum to be stuff from boots but what i'm finding best is i'm putting johnsons baby oil in my bath every night and it seems to be leaving my skin really nice. I do think ill get more though as if ur prone to them there isn't much you can do. Take care, lisa. 14+2
  • Hi i had a few silvery marks on my hips from before my first prg and used palmers stretch mark cream and baby oil after a bath and didnt get a single stretch mark the first time... this time again im using palmers stretch mark cream but am not going to worry too much about it.... i think if your going to get them you cant really stop it...
    xx
    20+2
  • I think if you are going to get them then you will no matter what you use! I think the trick is to keep the stomach, hips and thighs well moisturised as that is the preventative thing to do! The better moisturised the more elasticity the skin has! Itis also hereditary! I don't think it matter what you use really image I just use whatever lotion Iam using at that point and put oil in the bath and I don't have any yet...............

Tara 30+4
  • I don't have any yet but am just waiting. My mum has loads form her 3 pregnancies and I have some small silvery ones on my thighs and hips from puberty. I use Palmers stretch mark cream twice a day now -used bio oil at the start. I know it sounds so vein but I've always had a big bum and heavy legs and my tummy was my "nice bit" I'll be so upset if/when I get my strtchmarks image x
    30 +6