Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Itchy boobs!! Updated again

Hi Ladies

My boobs keep being really itchy i dont scratch them very hard but they go all red like the blood has come just under the top layer of skin (if that makes sense) and sometimes when i scratch they bleed very small bleeds but still sore!! Anyone else having this? i keep putting loads of oil on and that does seem to help, do you think i should mention this to my MW?

Thanks in advance.

25+2 xx

[Modified by: samanthalh on 22 February 2009 17:15:45 ]

Well MW wanted to see me regarding this and had blood taken find out monday if its anything to worry bout but she got me to do a urine sample and that had protien in she said not much but then i couldnt do a big wee so not much in bottle!! but thats being sent away to see if i have an infection!!.

Well hope everyone is well x

[Modified by: samanthalh on 23 February 2009 16:12:58 ]

MW rang yesterday with results from urine sample and blood test and as i thought nothing wrong with them so thats good news. xx

[Modified by: samanthalh on 03 March 2009 11:52:36 ]

Replies

• Hi
    Im sure its nothing to worry about, sometimes the hormones cause temporary skin conditions (i had chloasma). Towards the end of my pregnancy the lower part of my stomach was really itchy and it drove me crazy! That was due to the skin stretching. If your boobs have got bigger that could be the cause for them itching? You could ask your mw about it for reassurance. xx
  • Hi my boobs have been really itchy but not to the extent of bleeding. I have now developed stretch marks underneath my nipples so I think its just from them growing.
    It is really annoying though cuz sometimes I'm at work and suddenly feel the need to have a good itch! I did get a non-underwired bra which seems to have helped actually. I also use my palmers cocoa butter on them as well as my stomach now!
    xxx
  • Thanks for your replies ladies i think i will give MW a call 2moro just to check. xx
  • Mine are really itchy quite often, sudacreme has been helping, but I find if I use baby oil as soon as I get out of the bath, theyre not too bad,
  • Mine are really itchy quite often, sudacreme has been helping, but I find if I use baby oil as soon as I get out of the bath, theyre not too bad,