Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

had my twins.....2girls!

hey all,
Havent been on in a while but jst 2say ive had my babies heres my birth story!

At 38+4 at 1pm i started getn contractions btwn ev 5 n 7 mins an had mild backache,it wasnt 2 uncomfortable. But at 9pm decided 2fone the hospital,they told me 2cum in and get checkd ova!once i arrivd they hooked me up 2 ctg 4 ova an hr an took sum blood samples. They then sent me 2the labour ward at bout haf past 11 as my contractions wer nw cuming ev 3mins an getn slitely more painful. I got settled in ther with my gas and air an was advised 2hav an epidural as the 2nd twin was lying transverse! I had the epidural(whch was the wrst part,getn the drip in ur hand an needle in my bak was realy sore an i found it dificult nt 2mve wen i was getn contractions) aftr it kickd in i felt much beta tho as it was a mobile epidural it was a low dose an i could stil feel my legs and each contraction but it def took the edge of it. I was examind aftr 1 an was 6cm dilated.I was scannd an monitrd continusly, tho bcoz they found it hard 2 monitr them both my waterz were broken so they cud attch monitr 2 1st babys head. Bt only ten mins later i was ready 2push an it lily rose was born at 7min past 2 on valentines day weighn 7lb 9oz. The 2nd baby had turnd 2breech an the cnsultant urgd me nt 2push bt i couldnt help it an with the nxt cntraction an only 1push molly jo was born exactly ten mins aftr her sister weighn 6lb 3oz. I escapd without needn stitchd an both girls r doin great. It was funny as both placentas had fusd 2getha 2make a heart shape... Weird as it was valentines day!

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations! x Great names and great weights too, can believe you went to 38+4.

Mine were due 2 days before you had yours, but i had my 2 girls on 21st Jan. x
  • Options
    Congratulations. Nice names and they were great weights.Hope al is well. Similar to you I went 38+5 but they were delivered by elective section. Mine weighed 6lb 2 and 6lb 8 and my Laoise' middle name is Rose and the first twin is Ella Mae.
  • Options
    congrats! wow cant believ u had no stitches lucky you, n both hav luvlt weights n gorgeous names
  • Options
    Awwwwwwww congratulations, well done for getting so far along, lovely birth weights and names and glad you had a good labour xx
  • Options
    Congrats hun! I'm having two girls and can't wait to meet them! xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png