Forum home Babies Baby

Baby Shower

Hi im hoping you guys can help me with some ideas,

Im organising a baby shower on Sunday for 2 of my friends who are due on the same day - 31st March.

Now i want to put together a 'mum to be pamper hamper' in which i want to put things that they might need running up to the birth, during the birth and after the birth - stuff for them rather than baby!

I was hoping you may be able to post some good ideas - ive already thought of a few bits eg. pineapple chunks, raspberry tea, cooling spray, energy tablets, lavender bath oils. so im open to anything really.

I want it to be a little bit silly and fun but also helpful if you know what i mean - oh and reasonably cheap ideas would be great!

Thankyou in advance for your help

Keils x

Replies

• thats a good idea,
    one of those refreshing face sprays could be good for labour, mini fan too.
    a cucumber or pack of tea bags for on their eyes in the days (or weeks) following birth,
    il post again if i think of anything else
  • Ear plugs and nose peg lol.

Seriously though some nice pjs - asda do them nice but cheap.
  • Ear plugs and nose peg lol.

Seriously though some nice pjs - asda do them nice but cheap.
  • hey,

definately a box of chocolates! how about a mini bottle of champagne? I had a baby bath full of bits from my class and i got chocs and champagne. It mostly had baby bits in it... there were nipple shields but used!!! so threw them out! and I think it was kamolsan (sp?) cream which is for breastfeeding but can also be used for dry skin I think.

some nice bath stuff that has baby oil in it is great for stretchmarks.

depending on how ypu think they'll take it - you could put in some condoms and lubricant! lol
  • hey,

definately a box of chocolates! how about a mini bottle of champagne? I had a baby bath full of bits from my class and i got chocs and champagne. It mostly had baby bits in it... there were nipple shields but used!!! so threw them out! and I think it was kamolsan (sp?) cream which is for breastfeeding but can also be used for dry skin I think.

depending on how ypu think they'll take it - you could put in some condoms and lubricant! lol
  • hey,

• Thanks all, great ideas

Loopy Loo not sure how they will take it but ive already bought some condoms and they are going in!!! lol

• Thanks all, great ideas

Loopy Loo not sure how they will take it but ive already bought some condoms and they are going in!!! lol