Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Curry Recipe

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well!!

Does anyone have a child friendly curry recipe?
I've never made a curry so don't know where to start!

Also if you have any other recipes for anything that have gone down well in your house please share!

The usual 3 are getting very boring in our house. Cottage pie, fish pie and spaggeti bolognaise!

Thank you,

Amy xx

Replies

• OOOhhh my lo loves curry & chilli!!

Best to make ones with either yogurt or cream in. Also adding sweet potato can cool it down.
    So stick to Tikka Masala or Korma.

Basically fry some chicken off, add chopped onion. You could just add some curry powder and garam masala (tiny amount!!). If doing a tika masal add some chopped tomatoes and yogurt then cook on the hob for about an hour and keep stirring. If making a korma add some steamed chopped sweet potato and single cream.
    What I would do though is Google some recipes (Madhur Jaffrey & Jamie Oliver good ones) then try them. Just remember to limit the spices for your lo. When you taste the curry you should be hardly be able to tell it's spicy. Once they get used to it you can slowly increase the spices.
    My oh cooks from our Madhur Jaffrey book and that's all he does for our lo now 13 months. She's had curry since 8 months and loves Chicken Tikka Masala and Basmati Rice. She doesn't like Lamb Saag though!!!! Not a fan of spinach like me!!

You can also add more steamed veg if you wish such as cauliflower/brocolli or peas so they are getting some of their 5 a day.
    Plus if you know lo will be ok with garlic and grated ginger you could add this when frying onions.

hth xxx

[Modified by: ccbmommy on February 24, 2009 09:08 PM]

[Modified by: ccbmommy on February 24, 2009 09:10 PM]

• Great recipe Katie. I knew Jamie would have a good one!
    All this talk of sausage & curry is making me hungry!
  • This is a really nice recipe from cook yourself thin so its low fat too -

Serves 2
    Ready in 55 minutes (plus 12-24 hour marinade

Ingredients
    The marinade
    1 tablespoon tikka masala
    Curry paste
    150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
    2 free-range chicken breasts each cut into 5-6 large chunks
    Salt
    The sauce
    1 rounded tablespoon tikka masala curry paste
    1 onion, finely chopped
    200g passatta
    200ml tin reduced-fat or light coconut milk
    1 tablespoon 0% fat Greek yoghurt
    A handful of coriander, chopped

1. To make the marinade, mix the curry paste, yoghurt, chicken and salt together, cover and leave overnight in the fridge to absorb all the delicious flavours.

2. Preheat a conventional oven to 220????C or a fan-assisted one to 200????C.

3. Wipe the marinade off the chicken and place, piece by piece, onto a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly charred, but not cooked through.

4. You are just trying to get some colour here because the chicken will finish cooking in the curry sauce. Set the tikka chicken aside while you make the sauce.

5. Heat the curry paste in a saucepan. Add the onion and sweat slowly over a low heat for five to eight minutes or until the onion is translucent and soft.

6. It is important to take the time to do this slowly because the onion will then release its natural sugars, producing a sweeter dish, but be careful not to do this over too high a heat because the curry paste will burn.

7. Add the passatta and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and add the tikka chicken.

8. Cook over a low heat for five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Finish by stirring through the yoghurt and coriander.

xxxx
  • Ooh thanks girls!

How delicious! I'll now be able to add that to the menu! Lol!

I think Ruby will LOVE it and hubby certainly will when he comes home! Yum!

Thank you sooo much xxx