Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Twin 2 Twin Transfusion syndrome

Dear All
I went for my routine 24 weeks twin scan on Monday 23rd Feb and was told by our hospital that they beleived early stage TTTS and we were sent to Queen Charlottes Hospital in London. They diagnosed stage 3 TTTS stages range 1 - 5 which meant without urgent treatment both the girls would die. One had too much pressure on the heart and the other had under developed kidneys. The risks were explained and we agreed to Laser the connecting blood vessels. Unfortunately this proved too much for the biggest twin and she died of heart failure last night. We now have three weeks of finger biting hoping that the sudden increase of blood flow to little twin isnt too much for her and then after that an MRI scan to check for brain damage due to the procedure. The staff at the hospital were fantastic but we were in the hands of mother nature. At least we now have a chance of our little girl surviving. I dont mean to rant on or scare anybody but I just cant bear to log onto this forum now so I wanted to wish all preg mums the very best and to thank each of you that have replied to my varous topics durring the past few months.
Tracy aka winelover :cry:

Replies

• Tracy my heart goes out to you...

It was only last night i was a programme on sky3 about twins and tts, so now fully understand what you have wrote as i saw the procedure being done in this programme.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your little girl!

Sorry your going, but all the best!!

Em x
  • Ah Tracy hon bless your heart, I cant possibly imagine what you are going through.

Will too keep my fingers crossed for your little princess.

Take care

Sarah xx

((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
  • Winelover,

I don't think I have replied to many of your topics but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry and am thinking of you.

We have also been referred to Queen Charlotte's as our local hospital suspected TTTS at my 20 week scan. At the moment, they have identified IUGR but have said TTTS could develop so are monitoring me every week, we just have to wait and see if the little one continues to grow and develop enough. I have everything crossed that your little girl pulls through.
    Lots of love xxx

[Modified by: trying4babyM on February 25, 2009 08:56 PM]

[Modified by: trying4babyM on February 26, 2009 01:10 PM]

• Winelover

Thinking of you and praying for your little girl.

[Modified by: MrsWB on February 25, 2009 10:19 PM]

• praying for your little girl and have you in our hearts
  • So sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. Hope your other little girl will be ok x
  • I am so sorry I know that words seem empty but i want you to know that you your oh and both your girls are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to chat at anytime we are all here and there is a really supportive berevament forum on here where you can talk about your little angel. I hope more than anything to hear of the safe arrival of your little girl.

xxDBxx