Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler

Organised classes/groups for a 13 months old

Hello,

Could you please tell me what your little ones are going to by way of organised classes? I fancy doing something a little more structured with Daniel, whco is 13 months old, and not yet wallking. He crawls around very happily, and very quickly, but isn't at the cruising round furniture stage yet.

We do monkey music and sing and sign, and sometimes we go swimming and to the park and petting farm and all that, but I wondered whether you could recommend any other classes that go on? We live in kent, but I think most classes are franchises so they are run throughout the country.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Replies

• Hi, I just go to the general mums and tots groups and swimming classes but if you are looking for something a bit more structured you could try tumble tots, the do 2 different classes, one from crawling to walking then the next one when they start walking, they are a franchise and run right through the country so there should be one near you x
  • We do swimbabes swimming class. It teaches your child confidence in the water as they get to swim underwater. My lo loves it.
  • my little one goes to tumble tots and loves it! they use the gym equipment and have a sing! the first class is called gymbabes x
  • my little one goes to tumble tots and loves it! they use the gym equipment and have a sing! the first class is called gymbabes x
  • Hello Rhian2, I don't know if you remember me but I was also in the Jan 08 forum.

I take Neve to two or three playgroups a week and a Bounce and Rhyme class on a tuesday. She has completed a course of waterbabies swimming lessons and loved those but most organised activities don't start until they are a few months older.

I have put her name on the waiting list for Gymtots which is sort of toddler gymnastics/fun but she can't go until she is 18 months.
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. I will look at gymbabes and will think about doing swimming lessons, rather than the splash around that we do at the moment.

Lottie, of course I remember you! I have barely been on the forums since Daniel was born, but I'm dipping in now as I find the advice and sharing really helpful. How is Neve? I am completely smitten with Daniel and loving being a mummy. All I want to do is kiss and cuddle him which he ahs limited patience for!
  • Rhian its a lovely age isn't it? Neve is great, into everything and a really happy girl although we are starting to see some tantrums which I think we are going to have to nip in the bud - especially as she has a brother or sister on the way in October!

• Our local library does story time once a week. It's free and only 45 mins long but Rhys loves it. They listen to stories, sing rhymes and do a crafty activity each wek too. Rhys is only 14 months but sits well listening, he's not walking yet but even if he goes off for a crawl nobody minds as most of the children don't sit still anyway.
  • Our local library does story time once a week. It's free and only 45 mins long but Rhys loves it. They listen to stories, sing rhymes and do a crafty activity each wek too. Rhys is only 14 months but sits well listening, he's not walking yet but even if he goes off for a crawl nobody minds as most of the children don't sit still anyway.