Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Something to be aware of....

Crashing from TTC

Hi girls

I know you have loads on your plates at the moment but I think you should be aware of this. You may have seen it already but for those who havent here you go.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090227/tuk-mother-s-kiss-killed-newborn-tot-dba1618.html

Replies

• OMG! i cant belive something as simple as that can lead to a cchilds death. This realy worries me now as i suffer all the time with coldsores! xx
  • OMG!!

At my midwife appt wednesday, she put me down as high risk due to me having herpes ONCE 5 years ago. I have to go and see a consulted to see if i could have a natural birth. Now i am really worried. I think i might print it off and take it with me to my next appt.

Thanks Cooper.

xxx
  • Holy crap! no way! jesus i hadn't better get another one anytime soon then, cos i suffer from them quite regularly too!

Claire
    32+5
  • Ive heard of this. Please dont worry. I read it only effects baby if you have never had it before so you and baby have no immunity. If you are a sufferer then you should already have the antibodies that you are sharing with little one. x
  • OMG my hubby gets cold sores this has really worried me, will send this link to him.

K xx
    17+1
  • Ive heard of this. Please dont worry. I read it only effects baby if you have never had it before so you and baby have no immunity. If you are a sufferer then you should already have the antibodies that you are sharing with little one. x

Well thank the lord for that then! i'd hate to....God i can't even contemplate saying it! cheers for posting that it's eased that worry slightly

Claire
    32+5
  • yes please dont panic, I too saw this, if you already get them then you have anti bodies, PLUS it is only after birth that the virus is passed on - so no kissing babe if you get coldsore, and if you do it is totally treatable but this lady didnt have her baby treated, it is 2 days of anti virus anitbiotics x
  • It's mad that this is something they don't make you more aware of. I don't get them but H2B does

17+1 x
  • OMG! thanks for the post, i would never have known. xx
  • i had no idea cooper,thanks ffor the post xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev288brs__.png