Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bumbo in bath

Hi Mummies and babies

Just thought i'd tell you about our bath with the bumbo last night.

She usually uses a pink lay back one but she was forever wanting to sit up and couldn't kick her feet right well so i tried sitting her in her bumbo in the bath and she loved it! One thing that freaked me out to start with was it floating a little with being hollow but i was there for one and me and oh checked how far she would have to move for it to actually tip and she didn't stand a chance of doing it. Anyway. She was happily kicking away, and doing the odd float up and down the bath which amused her greatly. lol. I know there is the yellow bath seats that stick to the bottom but i haven't got one yet for her and this was a good substitute. lol

Just thought i'd let you know anyway

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1017873287&ref=profile&nectar_impid=0109de9a53063195e2e6bedf0dadcc9c&nectar_navimpid=0109de9a53063195e2e6bedf0dadcc9c#/photo.php?pid=319577&id=1017873287&ref=mf

I'm still useless at uploading them so thought i'd send the link instead

Lisa xxx

Replies

• whats a brill idea x
  • I totally agree with you there because they do float a little bit with being hollow. I definatly wouldn't have done it if i wasn't near enough in the bath with her watching she didn't fall out or something. lol.

Lisa xxx
  • lol how cool, i may have to do that x
  • Yes Naz7 I remember reading that too!

• oh i completely agree with all of you against it and i really wouldn't have done it if i'd have been out of the room but she was getting destressed in her normal laid back one so i suggested it to the oh and he got it for me. I wouldn't dream of putting her in any danger. We had our eyes on her like a hawk! lol I was sat behind her at all times and know for sure she wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Thank you for the replies though because i didn't know about the soaking into the sponge bit so i will be more careful (if thats hawk eye isn't lol)

Lisa xxx