Forum home Babies Baby

car seat question

We've just been practicing fitting our baby's car seat. Ive got a peugot so not much room at all in the back. The seat can either go in the front passenger seat (air bag off) or in the back. I always thought in the back was the safest but the seat doesn't face forward so i can't see the baby.

Does it sound ok to put the baby in the front passenger seat? I know it is ok but do many of you do this? Thanks xx

[Modified by: pixiebob on 01 March 2009 13:42:25 ]

Replies

• I think it's fine to put the car seat in the front, as you said, if the airbag is off. Like you, I don't like not being able to see my baby in her car seat. I've bought a mirror which clips onto the headrest of the back seat so I can see her in the cars rear view mirror. They sell these in Argos, Tesco etc. I look at her enough using this but think i would distract me too much if she was next to me in the front!
  • i don't have any option but to put hayden in the back i can't put my airbags off in front.
  • i don't have any option but to put hayden in the back i can't put my airbags off in front.
  • Hey!
    I put Bethany in the back with a mirror attached to the headrest. She stares into it, so I have to remember to concentrate on the road rather than the faces she pulls!!!