Forum home Babies Baby

Did your oh get you some post baby bling?!

Quite a few of my friends oh bought them some jewellery when they had their lo's.... It usually seems to be some kind of diamond ring!!! I've heard it called a `maternity ring' - you know instead of an eternity ring you get a maternity one when you give birth!! Has anyone else heard of this? And if you oh did get you some sort of gift for having your lo what was it?

P.S. My oh was horrified at the whole maternity ring thing so yours truly will definitely not be getting one! But I did get some nice flowers for valentine's day!

Replies

• my oh proposed so yes did get a diamond ring but not a maternity one!
  • I used to work in a jewellers and these days a lot of people have a eternity ring to celebrate either their 1st wedding aniversary or the birth of their first child, never heard it called a maternity ring before though!!
    I did get diamonds when our first was born, a platinum and diamond full eternity ring, but then working where I did there would have been BIG trouble if I hadn't :lol:
    xx
  • Not really for the first lo, or such, but when we found out last year we were expecting our second lo we had a holiday booked to tenerife, and in a nice little village out of the way of all the big touristy places we found a great little jewellery shop full of handmade stuff. We saw a gorgeous 'eternity' ring there and it matched my wedding and engagement ring so OH bought it for me.
    Not exactly bought for that purpose, but it was the right timing and the right ring image

xxx
  • lo was born in October and our 1st wedding anniversary was 28th Dec, so for Christmas, wedding and lo's birth I got a lovley diamond bracelet. (a tennis bracelet I think they're called) Was such a shock as I've jokingly asked for one loads of times.
    the jeweller told my hubby it was a "pushing" present. lol. S x
  • Not a thing! Still waiting for a birthday present and that was January! I'm lucky in other ways,that's what I keep telling myself anyway. The rest of you are lucky ladies-a car or diamonds I wouldn't mind either! x
  • kind of. he proposed on the day we brought cameron home. x
  • These stories are great especially Listefs! No presents for me. :\(
  • i got nothing :lol: x
  • I didn't get any bling as I don't wear much jewellrey except engagement & wedding rings.
    Oh did get me a fantastic bunch of flowers and cried telling me how much he loved me , proud of me etc etc so I was very happy with that!!
  • My husband bought me a huge bunch of flowers and a gorgeous necklace. I think someone had given him a bit of a nudge though!
  • my dh bought me an eternity ring for our 1st anniversay and i was 19 weeks pregnant so i had a joint present.

when he came to see me the next morning her brought me some pink roses because we had had a little girl
  • No not with either of mine although I did get a diamond tennis bracelet for my 30th in November so probably pushing my luck a bit. I have just pointed out this post though and he said 'it's on it's way' so maybe I will be getting something??
  • I got my eternity ring for valentines day - my dh said it was for giving birth, valentines and my mothers day present for this year!
  • i got ..................................................................

sweet fa....its seems most people got something ...me i got nothing :cry::lol: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • chuffedbaby2- me too. I'd be cross if he spent money on jewellery when I need to buy nappies etc!
  • i didnt get anything either. not even a card!!! but for our first xmas i got a new ring with 3 hearts on. which is lovely then i got a mum ring this xmas! think its gunna be tradition the kids buy me a ring for xmas!
  • My oh bought me and Niamh matching heart lockets with her d.o.b and her name engraved on them... not exactly bling but very very sweet and meant a lot to me.

Linz
  • My husband bought me a stunning platinum eternity ring after the birth of our daughter 2 yrs ago. I jokingly refer to it as my 'maternity' ring. We've now got another little girl who is 15 weeks old, think it would be cheeky hoping for something else this time!! lol ;\)
  • i got nothing (well apart from my beautiful son)

OMG i'm just telling my OH about this post, and telling him i'm quite upset he didn't want to mark the occasion with a gift for me (he also bought me nothing for my birthday which was 5 days after lo was born)-

i cant believe what what he just said " WELL I BOUGHT YOU AN EGG MAYO SARNIE AND A BOTTLE OF COKE- WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?"

well what do i say to that??
  • i got nothing (well apart from my beautiful son)

OMG i'm just telling my OH about this post, and telling him i'm quite upset he didn't want to mark the occasion with a gift for me (he also bought me nothing for my birthday which was 5 days after lo was born)-

i cant believe what what he just said " WELL I BOUGHT YOU AN EGG MAYO SARNIE AND A BOTTLE OF COKE- WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?"

well what do i say to that??