Forum home Babies Baby

Over from Due April, advice on big babies much appreciated x

Hi ladies wondered if anyone could give me some reassurance. I've posted this on Due in April but wondered if anyone else had this.

I was sent for a growth scan today as I'm measuring small for my dates. Was told today that baby is on the 95th centile ie its gona be BIG. The estimated weight was 6lb 13oz and I'm only 32 weeks. Help I'm gona be split in two lol. Anyone else been told this and had a smaller baby than expected?

Debs x

Replies

• The scans can be wrong. In my case they weren't though. They estimated about 8lb 14 and he was 9lb1 (11 days late). I was huge and could tell I would have a big baby, I did have some problems with the delivery though and after 40 hours of labour I had an emergency c-section, but there are plenty of women who give birth to 11lb+ babies naturally with no difficulties. I know artygal on here had a 12lb baby and no stitches! Big babies are also very contented...in my experience...though they are hungrier!
    If baby is measuring so big, are you going to be induced early?
    xx
  • The hospital told me on my 36 week scan that my little man would be very big. MW estimated 9-9.5lb image He was born at 8lb 6ozs 11 days late, and had of been born on EDD would probably been about 7.5lbs.

Is this your 1st baby? Do you know if you're having a blue bump or pink?

xxx
  • Well i won't be any reasurrance, as i measured 4 weeks bigger so had a growth scan at 36 weeks. Molly weighed 7lbs 14ozs then and at birth at 39+5 weeks she was born weighing 10lbs 14ozs!!!!! They can be wrong though but not for me :roll:
  • Well i won't be any reasurrance, as i measured 4 weeks bigger so had a growth scan at 36 weeks. Molly weighed 7lbs 14ozs then and at birth at 39+5 weeks she was born weighing 10lbs 14ozs!!!!! They can be wrong though but not for me :roll:
  • im online for a big baby too. mine weighs 3lb 5oz at 28 weeks. i had a big baby with brooke she was 9lb 10.5 oz (10 days late) so am being monitored for this ones growth to get it out early if needs be!
    sorry not much help! my neighbout got told her 2nd was 10lb but was only 7! x
  • must point out though she was my second and i have big babies, my son was born 10 days late weighing 9lbs 2.5ozs (and i thought that was big :lol: ) x
  • hi hun,im sure if they think baby is gonna be very big that they will make sure you are monitored and that u wnt go overdue.I was told my babies would be big and they were both just under 9 lb.(dd1 was 5 days late and dd2 was 10 days early!!)wondering what weight this lo will be when its cooked!!lol,hope all goes well with everything and could u speak with your mw if u r concerned? xxx
  • i was always about 3/4 weeks bigger than what the ave bump size was supposed to be on my chart (they thought jason was going to be 11/12lb!!! but he was only 8lb 14oz at 6 days early. the last community mw i saw sad it could've been coz i was tall (i'm 5ft 8") never went for a growth scan though, kinda wished i had done coz at this poitn i was itching to see jason again!! lol

good luck hun