Forum home Babies Baby

getting rid of the mummy tummy

My LO is nearly 5 months old and i`m still trying to lose my mummy tummy! I`ve got another 10 lbs to go but can`t seem to get rid of it, no matter what i do it won`t bugger off!! Any suggestions anyone? I am eating healthy food and try to do exercise as and when i`ve got the time and i walk Ellie in her buggy whenever the weather is decent enough to go out in it. I`m just a fairweather girl i think!!!

Replies

• When I was trying to lose weight for our wedding, I cut out tea and chocolate for 6 weeks and drank loads of water. It really worked and I managed to slim right down. Now I can't resist the temptations though! If you're exercising and eating healthily i'm sure it will come off soon, i've heard the last bit is the hardest. xxx
  • When I was trying to lose weight for our wedding, I cut out tea and chocolate for 6 weeks and drank loads of water. It really worked and I managed to slim right down. Now I can't resist the temptations though! If you're exercising and eating healthily i'm sure it will come off soon, i've heard the last bit is the hardest. xxx
  • Hi well take heart from the fact my lo is 18mths and i still have what i would call a mummy tummy!
    I know its down to the fact i havent done much about it...its not so much i need to lose weight but i need to tone it all up!
    I got the Mel B dvd and find it a easy one to follow and quite fun to do,i try and fit it into when Ben has his nap or when hes in bed..
    Cutting out snacks and piling more veg on your plate will help,also water,i keep forgetting but its really meant to help lol
    Good luck!!
  • A trick I used when Charlotte was about 4 months was to lie on the floor then lie her on my shins on her tummy then lift my legs in the air a bit like a tummy crunch. she loved it and I got a bit of exercise too!!
    Other than that just east healthily & and treats in moderation. Walking with the buggy is good too - doing a brisk walk instead of a gentle stroll.