Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what do you do?

what do you do with your lo's during the day?

jessica is 8 weeks

today we went to the clinic to be weighed. then she went on play mat for about 15 mins. then she had some time on my lap and a bottle.
then she sat in her bouncy chair while i washed her bottles and loaded the steriliser and put some washing up away.
she stared falling aseep so i took her up for a nap in her cot. that was for an hour.

now shes on her play mat. ive got babyfist on tv and shes happily kicking away while looking at tv.

when i do jobs around the house i tell hr what im doing, we count the stairs as we go up and down.

should i be doing more?

Replies

• sounds like your doin a fab job to me !!!

im like this with archie, hes so nosey! but i can leave him to do his own thing, hes 11 weeks, and he either babbles and smiles at his toys, or falls asleep....bless him

i wish he would go on his play mat, he loves his swinging chair, but wont lie on his playmat for long....not sure why !!
  • I agree with Tallkatie.

I also count as I walk up the stairs with Charlotte (13 months). She laughs at me cos I say the numbers in a silly voice. I normally spend the afternoon playing with her and encouraging her to walk (not suceeding tho). I play music and we have a bop along to that! If it's nice I go out with the pushchair (peeing it down here at the mo).
  • sounds like your doing fine hun.x I use to sing to Charlie, well still do and spent time giving him lots of cuddles as they soon grow up and like Katie said the older they get the more you can do with them. Charlie is a bit of pain as he gets bored very easily although i think he'll be at his happiest when he's more mobile! xx
  • sounds like your doing fine hun.x I use to sing to Charlie, well still do and spent time giving him lots of cuddles as they soon grow up and like Katie said the older they get the more you can do with them. Charlie is a bit of pain as he gets bored very easily although i think he'll be at his happiest when he's more mobile! xx
  • grrr- sorry about that!
  • *feels guilty* I do hardly anything with Gabe lol, I can't stand playing with toys on the floor with him, it's so boring! I do play with him but it's more bouncing him on my lap, singing or throwing him in the air. oh dangles him upside down by the feet!!! He likes that!

We do a few actions games like now if you say the words 'pat a cake' he will clap, say 'bye bye' he'll wave, or if you blow a raspberry he does it back to you.

He sits on me a LOT! He likes snuggling...His daily activities tend to be whinging for things he can't have though!!!

He's got a big truck thing full of massive lego stuff that he likes to empty out and play with, that's what he's doing now.
  • lol TL - I dangled Kyra by her feet a few mins ago and oh told me off!! She loves it, giggles her head off, he thought I was being cruel! oh well.

Kyra's started clapping last week to songs and when I start singing she does too! She can happily play on the floor surrounded by her toys for ages! I bores me too to play with her, but I tend to do it for a while so she doesn't feel lonely. If I need to do something like washing up etc, then I pop her in her highchair and put some finger foods infront of her, she loves it and it keeps her quiet for at least 30 mins, enough time to get the house in a decent state of repair. xox
  • thats a good idea about counting the stairs, will try that.

How much should we be speaking to our babies anyway? Imalways worried I dont speak enough to my 5wk old,

• thanks for the replies. feel better.
  • we go out for a walk every day after taking the oldest to school.
    we come home and me and charlie do some step arobics on the wii fit, believe me its more of a work out bouncing a baby in your arms at the same time, and maya stand beside us doing her own version of them. 2-3 times a week we got to mother and baby/toddler group. at least once a week we take the bus into mother well to get fresh fruit from the fruit market.
    after lunch while i do my 30 min work out maya and charlie sit on the sofa together and she reads him story's and plays with his teddies with him.
    it is harder to find things to do with them when they are really small but it gets easier as they get older as they are able to do more x