Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Slight Heart shaped uterus

I had a miscarriage back in November and now I am pregnant again =)
I am tickled pink but just cant help but worry 24-7 bc i have a heart shaped uterus. My doctor said that is not why i miscarried previously and she said it is not a big deal that i have this but when i look it up online it sounds horrible!! All i can do is pray that my baby is okay! Does anyone else have this issue? I am so worried about my baby but I do have faith in God and he will take care of us.

Replies

• so you went in labor at 24 weeks bc of your uterus shape? im glad they stopped it.. everything still ok? is your uterus bicornuate? i have just got info from my gyno and she told me it was no big deal about my uterus shape.. she did say mine was only slight. im just wondering... if its slight, does that mean its bicornate. im so confused. i guess im worried mostly bc of my previous miscarriage.
  • I've got a slight heart shaped uterus too, like you I read lots of stuff about it and got scared there would be complications or my baby would be premature. But I'm now 40 weeks and everything has been fine, the shape hasnt affected anything at all. Fingers crossed it goes the same for you xx
  • I've got a slight heart shaped uterus too, like you I read lots of stuff about it and got scared there would be complications or my baby would be premature. But I'm now 40 weeks and everything has been fine, the shape hasnt affected anything at all. Fingers crossed it goes the same for you xx
  • ok that gives me lots and lots of hope! my husband and i just want this baby so bad. its hard bc we lost one in november at 9 weeks and 5 days. i bled almost all through it on and off.. im praying i dont start bleeding this time but i know its not always bad to bleed. thanks for your support.. it helps!!
  • I posted on your topic in pregnancy forum. did you see it?

I have this uterus and now have a 5 week baby,
  • umm no.. i didnt see it.. let me go back and look! i have read a post that you posted on this issue.. you didnt have any problems during your pregnancy?
  • I had light bleeding throughout pg. I was classified as high risk so was under consultant, I had scans every 2 wks up until 24 wks and every 4 wks thereafter. they checked the following: cervix thickness, baby position and also had kidney scan as sometimes they are affected. baby was in breech at 36 wks and they did want to try turning baby so had c section at 39 wks. baby was quite small at 6lbs 3oz - not sure if anything to do with uterus.

also know 2 other people who have this uterus and went on to have their babies

good luck

xx