Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

I've seen a consultant...

This morning I had an appt with a consultant about some kidney pain I have been experiencing. She was horrified about what I had been prescribed for the pain and said it could have affected the levels of amniotic fluid and also some structures within the heart/lungs.

She said these affects are usually corrected once you stop taking the medication so she has booked me in for a scan in 2 weeks to give my little boy the once over.

I also have to have a seperate scan on my kidneys and should get an appt in the post.

Both her and the midwife we saw were lovely but I feel so upset that the doctor at my local surgery gave me something that could have hurt my baby.

I broke down in tears and she did try to reassure me that as long as I am feeling regular movement everything will be more than likely ok.

On a positive note at least I will get to see my little boy again before he arrives, I just hope the next 2 weeks go quickly.

Bec 29+6 x

Replies

• OMG thats awful!!! i would make sure this doctor knows he gave you them and they were wrong as he could have given them to other pregnant women.

I am so sorry hun though at least everything is going to be ok and like you said you get to see your little boy again real soon image

K xx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev217pr___.png

• Bec that's awful - I'm really sorry for you hon!
    But the main thing is you have seen someone else and will now be taken much good care of. Plus you get to see your little man very very soon!

You take care,
    Joo xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Bec that's awful - I'm really sorry for you hon!
    But the main thing is you have seen someone else and will now be taken much good care of. Plus you get to see your little man very very soon!

You take care,
    Joo xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thanks girls, I feel really emotional about it all today and hubby is on duty tonight so I won't see him again now until tomorrow evening.

I can't wait for my scan and am just keeping everything crossed the tablets didn't do any damage. I'm seriously considering changing surgeries though! x
  • Oh my god honey thats terrible! Definately make a complaint to the surgery, the doctor should know whats safe to give in pregnancy!
    I'm sure all will be fine but i will keep my fingers crossed for you for the scan, its lovely that you'll get to see your wee chap again! xxxxx
  • That's terrible, definitely make a complaint otherwise that doc could do the same to other pregnant women! But focus on the fact you can feel movements and so your boy must be fine, and try not to get too upset, your boy needs you to stay unstressed. Let us know how you get on at the scan and lucky you seeing him again!
  • ahh babes, thats crap!
    I had a friend with a simualr problem with some of the medication she was on. She was told after giving birth that the medication could have caused some of the problems he baby had after birth. Thankfully, both mother and baby are fine.

It is hard to know what to do for the best, you could google everything you get given and will get many mixed messages from that and no 2 doctors have the same opinions on anything!

Im sure you and ur baby boy will be just fine and is a relief that you have found out now rather than later.

Kepp us posted.
    xx
  • Oh Hunni that is just disgusting!!! your GP is a trained proffessional and sould know what a pregnant lady can and cannot take. I would defiantly make a complaint to the suregery and make them aware of what he has possible done and the stress it has caused you.

Just remember what your midwife said that the fact you can feel him moving is a good sign. Rest up as much as possible and just look forward to seeing him again VERY soon!!

Stay positive sweetie xxxxxx
  • Oh God, Goonie, that's terrible. You poor thing. I'm sure your baby will be fine as like the consultant said he's moving well and if they thought it was really serious they wouldn't make you wait so long for the scan.
    Hope you're ok. x
  • Oh hun, poor you. It's just another thing to worry about on top of everything else isn't it. I would definately make the surgery aware, even if it to ensure that this dr doesn't make the same mistake again. It will be lovely to see your little boy again before he makes his entrance, i'm sure everything will be just fine. Take care xxx
  • Thanks for all your replies, it means alot and I really hope he is ok. He's been wriggling loads since my appt so that has made me feel loads better, I'm trying hard not to think about the worst case scenario and just look forward to seeing him again on the 19th x
  • even your little man is telling you not to worry his trying to make him self noticed so you know he is ok!!!!

If they were REALLY worried hun im sure they would have made the appt alot sooner, im sure its just a precaution.

xxxx
  • hi wondering where you were havent seen your posts for ages,hope your ok chin up x
  • aww huni that is terrible the same thing happened in my last pg but luckly the people at the chemist realised and sent me striaght bk to the gp!! stupid man!! good luck 4 ur scan !
    luv clare
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev185pb___.png

• Thats absolutely disgusting I dont blame you for being upset. I would mention it next time you see him just to make a point as if this has happened to you it could have happened to other women aswell.

Im sure your little boy is OK and at least you get to see him again

xxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev207pr___.png

• Thanks girls, I can't believe the same happened to you clareyg! I even challenged it when he gave me them and now I will be very wary of anything I'm prescribed in the future! The worst thing is 2 days before this I was precribed anti biotics by a different doctor for a UTI I didn't even have!! x
  • What a nightmare, we put our trust in these poeple and they let you down! At least you know now and are having a scan I am sure all will be ok i bet your just so angry. I am currently on some drugs for a condition and I am terrifed they will affect baby but doctor says all is ok but your story does worry me.
    Take care hun and I hope your kidney pain has imroved. I would definately change doctos especially after the 2 mistakes they have made.
    xxxxx
  • What a nightmare, we put our trust in these poeple and they let you down! At least you know now and are having a scan I am sure all will be ok i bet your just so angry. I am currently on some drugs for a condition and I am terrifed they will affect baby but doctor says all is ok but your story does worry me.
    Take care hun and I hope your kidney pain has imroved. I would definately change doctos especially after the 2 mistakes they have made.
    xxxxx
  • Oh my god! Bec you poor thing no wonder you were upset, what a stupid doctor!! I would def write to the Practice Manager at the surgery and maybe the PALS (patient liasion) people too, and change surgeries!

Hope you're okay, as you said, focus on seeing your little chap again. Hugs x
  • Oh my god! Bec you poor thing no wonder you were upset, what a stupid doctor!! I would def write to the Practice Manager at the surgery and maybe the PALS (patient liasion) people too, and change surgeries!

Hope you're okay, as you said, focus on seeing your little chap again. Hugs x