Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Fake tan?

Is it ok to use something like johnsons tinted moisturiser whilst pregnant. I'm just feeling a little pale and unattractive so think a bit of fake tan could cheer me up a bit??

Replies

• Hi Ellisy! Yes Ive checked this out and its fine! Ive been wearing it for quite a few weeks. I just clings to the skin then you shed it so it doesnt get into your bloodstream or anything.

Claire xx
  • most fake tans are safe they only tan your top couple of layers of skin, i started off with johnsons but i also use a home nivea spray tan too its fab i think it is the same as hair its the fact that because hormones can cause your skin to more sensitive you may have a reation but it wont harm your baby
  • That's just what I wanted to hear, thanks both of you xx
  • Excellent I'm gona use some tonight. I'd read somewhere though that one girl's fake tan developed green!! So I'd do a trial first image x
  • I use fake tan and have done for a while. I feel so pasty without it! As Chloe said it isnt absorbed into your bloodstream as it only goes through top layers of skin thats why it wears off. Happy tanning
    Kirsty
    15+2
    xxx
  • id use the tinted moisturisers.... bt not the ones like st tropez... im a beauty therapist and was advised not 2 use them