Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do u work out how the baby is lying???

im 28wks 2mro and cant work out the way my little one is lying...i feel kicks at the top of my bump and at the bottom and when im in bed on both sides??? Cant feel any difference in hardness of tummy....just wonderin if u ladies have worked it out with ur ickle ones xx

Replies

• i never know where she is laying little sod! i feel like you i get the odd kick really low or punch not too sure but my lo is more a moonwalker now! and it hurts, but i feel both sides too but my lo has been breech for a whle i gota have another scan on the 17th, will be intersting to know x

• I can't always figure out how Flump's lying. But I do usually know when they're head down, cos I get an odd feeling right at the bottom of my belly, kinda tingling and heavy. Flump's definitely more lively from mid mornin to late afternoon.
  • i can never figure it out either!!!
    xxx
    27+5
  • i can never figure it out either!!!
    xxx
    27+5
  • I can usually tell, I normally feel like the mw does after I have seen her so I know what she is talking about. Bubs bum is normally up under the right side of my ribs with his back going down the front of my stomach/slightly off to the right and his feet kick out of my left side. You can only really feel properly when you are laying down flat and completely relaxed - I just work my fingers around my stomach starting under my ribs where I find his round botty! Its not easy though - mw's know what they are looking for as they feel them all day everyday so I wouldnt worry too much.

x
    http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2695/269598.png

• I think that my baby is head down because I feel him hiccuping really low down and feel kicks in my ribs. I think at 28 weeks they can still change position all the time though. Ask the mw what position yours is in next time you see her.
    xxx

32+4