Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

£190 govt grant

Has anyone been paid this yet? I sent off my form a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything.Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Don't think they are paying out till the new financial year ie after 6th April. I heard that we can expect it in our accounts some time in May.
  • Options
    hi they arnt making any payments until april 6th at the earliest my midwife said more like early may to expect it
    claire x
    31+2
  • Options
    i phoned them and they said they arent paying out any money until may 09 hth x
  • Options
    i got told it was april we will of all had our babys at this rate lol xxx
  • Options
    im still waiting for my miwdwife to get the forms. payments arent being made untill may...so ive been told xx
  • Options
    Interesting - I was told payments were being made from 6th April! I guess it will arrive when it arrives!
  • Options
    they wrote me a letter saying it would be end of march in my bank account!!
  • Options
    whats this all about i've not heard anything about a grant but then i'm only 10 weeks just now.
  • Options
    you will get the forms from your midwife babypie when your 25 weeks its a ??190 one off payment for all mums to be due on or after 6th april
    claire x
    31+2
  • Options
    oh rite thanks for that

• Options
    I got my forms yesterday and mw said they are not paying til after 9th April.

Sazzle xx
    23+4
  • Options
    My midwife hasn't had the forms in yet so I'm hoping to get mine at my 32 week appt. She thought payments weren't being made until May though...

Bec 30+4 x
  • Options
    I was going to ask the exact same question!

I have filled in and sent my forms so I guess I just sit tight and wait!
  • Options
    i phoned yesterday and asked, and was told payments wouldnt be given out until may!!

- even though last month it was april they said!! :roll:
  • Options
    Yeah I have been told April. Even though the forms actually promise the money within 31 days of application?!?!

If it was in America or Canada I bet we would already have our money! Typical government didn't plan on the thousands of women applying for th grant at the same time! Another great british plan!
  • Options
    Thanks for your eplies ladies. I know it's great we're getting a grant but it's a bit diappointing that they will take so long. You'd think they would be ready to roll with everything as soon as they started giving forms out! I was hoping to use it to buy some baby bits, but i'll need to get them sooner than May in case he arrives early!!

Typical british government!
  • Options
    i heard payments from the 6th of April but i suspect with the amount of applications it will take quite a while to get to everyone! I'm due 21st of April! it's supposed to be for health in pregnancy mine will have to be for health after pregnancy!lol
  • Options
    I was wondering whe I could ask about this as Im only 5 weeks but if its not till 25 weeks I might as well put it to the back of my mind for now lol
    xx