Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sorry, need to let off some steam.

For around 6 years my partner has been doing roofing with my brother in law and to start with he was on a really crap wage because bil was in partnership with his dad. Anyway. His dad retired and now its oh's and bil's business but obviously oh will still look to bil as the boss so did everything from loading all big tiles up onto the roof (which aren't light!) and walking to nearest shop for dinner while bil sat texting my sister or constantly having to nip off because my sister would ring with a stupid excuse to get him home and leave oh on the job (annoyed living shit out of me because they weren't the only ones with a new baby and in a relationship) What else annoyed me was the amount of time bil had off but always got half the wage that was paid off a job but oh has got to work to get anything. Also when bil is working its about 10-00am that they finally set off iin the van from his house because of pure laziness (my oh has obviously been up, got ready, drove over there to meet him, and waited for him to set off in van) but when bil isn't working he expects oh to get up about 7-30 and get to work for 8! I knwo there are people out there that do night shifts and get up at stupid times but what i'm trying to get across is, when both are working its fine for them to be later but when bil is off oh is told to work earlier!

Well this morning was the last straw. Bil was off for some appointment and had asked oh if he wanted today off or if he was working so he said he'd stop off. What happens this morning? banging on the front door loud enough for the neighbour to get cujo dog out next door was bil's dad shouting up at the windows to get out of bed (7am both kids were sleeping and had shit night!) Got a call off bil saying that oh could work because he'd got someone for him to work with. Oh went mad and shouted down the phone that he'd said he wasn't working and that now his dad had woke both kids up with his pounding on the door. His last words to him on the phone was...."I'M NOT COMING AND COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHAT YOU THINK TO THAT! *ends call* I then start getting a million calls off sis which i know would have beeen some stupid crap about oh going on one at the bil so switched phone off and not heard from them since.

Sorry its so long but its right pissed me off thats its one rule for one and another for the other.

Lisa xxx

Replies

• He has spoke to him about it and said if things don't start being fair both ways he's gonna go elsewhere and bil knows oh is the best worker because there is things bil can't do that oh can with him being fitter, taller, able to climb higher, can pretty much do everything that little bit better because he's younger and fitter so bil daren't get at him too much because he knows he'll be losing a very hard working partner. Its happened in the past and bil has always come running back with his tail between his legs asking for him back because the others have not been reliable workers.

He can't really lose either way but when he gets treat the way he does i want to explode! lol

Lisa xxx
  • omg sounds like your bil is taking the piss. your oh really nees to sit down with him and tell him that they will both have set rules etc and only get paid for what they work, so if your bil is skiving then he doesnt see the money. xxx
  • omg sounds like your bil is taking the piss. your oh really nees to sit down with him and tell him that they will both have set rules etc and only get paid for what they work, so if your bil is skiving then he doesnt see the money. xxx