Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dark Urine?

Anybody noticed their urine has been darker than normal since being pregnant?

I have had 2 litres of water at work alone today, plus some decaf tea and milk and my urine is still really dark yellow. Normally after that much water it would be clear as a mountain stream!

I'm still drinking even more water but don't know if this is normal or shows I am severely dehydrated! I was a bit concerned because my amniotic fluid is low and after googling (I know I shouldn't have done that), it said the mother being dehydrated can affect the levels of amniotic fluid so thought I'd better up my water intake. Still seems I must be dehydrated though.

Weird. Anyone else? :\?

Replies

• i also have strange coloured wee these days, its been bright orange on a few occasions, but was told everything is fine and just to make sure to drink alot of water xx
  • i also have strange coloured wee these days, its been bright orange on a few occasions, but was told everything is fine and just to make sure to drink alot of water xx
  • So weird I was going to post something about my wee today! I am only 11 weeks today but the last couple of days my urine has gone really dark and has a really strong smell (sorry tmi!) My hubby even commented on the smell and I was soooo embarrased. I have been drinking lots of water today to see if that helps.
    Strange?!!!
    x
  • yeah me too, my urine is alot darker and orange than it has ever been xx
  • Oh well, good that it's not just me then!!! I have nearly finished another half litre of water so definitely can't be said I'm not trying!!
  • dark urine is a sign of a girl so they say lol its true for me
  • Ive had this with both my pregnancies. Ive not noticed so much myself because of bloo loo but the midwives have asked me things like was it your first wee this morning as its very dark. I drink loads of water and dont feel dehydrated at all (I get headaches and a very ry mouth if I dont drink enough) so think there must some kind of change going on inside. Oh and my first was a boy (dont know about this one) so its def not just if you are having a girl! xx
  • LOL. Thanks girls. By the way I know I'm having a boy so the old wives tale can't be right! And I've had 2 growth scans since my 20 week one and each time they've said it's a boy so pretty sure they're not wrong!!
  • I have very dark wee all through the day and don't think I am dehydrated. Its usually pretty day glo too! I'm also having a boy!

Bec 30+6 x