Forum home Babies Baby

Juice???

Hi girls, might sound a ridiculous topic but just wondered what juice you give your lo's, jack won't drink water and i usually buy the baby juice, cow and gate or something, but i came to make jack's drink but earlier and the juice was full of mould!!!! Anyway after reading the side it turns out it should be used within 2/3 days! Just wondered if it would be ok to give jack Robinson's dilute if its the sugar free one??

Replies

• I used to buy all the baby juice - it's a BIG waste of money hun!!!!!!
    Now I buy good quality orange juice as we drink it anyway. I get the not from concentrate juice and put a little bit in her cup and top up with water so you can only just taste the juice.
    I wouldn't give squash, esp sugar free, as it might contain a sweetener called aspartame which is nasty!
  • Ccbmommy is so true there! We buy Kelsie fruit juice, and top it up 1/4 with water. She was having heinz baby juice, but when she turned 12 months we gave her fruit juice. She loves it, and they have a much wider variety of drinks as well, whereas Heinz is much more basic, 4 flavours I think.

How old is your LO?

I personally wouldnt consider giving any sort of juice other than fruit juice until my LO's get at least 2.

xxx
  • We don't use juice either- milk or water -if Tom is being fussy or needs more we tempt him with ice cubes in his water.
  • Ccbmommy is so true there! We buy Kelsie fruit juice, and top it up 1/4 with water. She was having heinz baby juice, but when she turned 12 months we gave her fruit juice. She loves it, and they have a much wider variety of drinks as well, whereas Heinz is much more basic, 4 flavours I think.

How old is your LO?

I personally wouldnt consider giving any sort of juice other than fruit juice until my LO's get at least 2.

xxx
  • He's 7 months nearly,i will get him some fresh fruit juice then and just really water it down, he only needs a hint of taste anyway. I put this post on thinking it was a really ridiculous question and of course normal dilute would be fine - glad i asked now. thanks girls x
  • Barney doesn't get juice at all, if he's thirsty he can drink water!! Millie mostly drinks water but does normally have one drink of juice a day, either pure apple juice, a smoothie, or high juice squash made up very dilute.
    xx
  • I think both squash (a TINY bit) and pure juice (again, diluted) would be OK. The baby juice is just squash anyway I thought?!

It doesn't really effect us though as Gabe prefers water....
  • I like to be different lol My HV said that sugar free squashor baby juice is better than pure juice because pure juice is really sugary, naturally and added!!! Although sure its ok really diluted. Still wouldnt give squash till over 12 months though i dont think xx
  • I have been given Ryan normal orange squash since he was 6 months old and he is fine.

I think that the baby juices are a waste of money, they are just squash anyway i think.

xx

• im not sure if the still do it but i used to get a baby diluting juice from boot, not sure if it was there own make or cow and gate as maya is now 4 and charlie dosnt really drink much juice so i just get the small bottles
  • Louise drinks water, luckily! But also because she's had it from an early age.

I've given her water with a tiny but of fruit juice in when she's been constipated but she loves water and wasn't too keen!

I was told by a dental nurse at a postnatal group that baby juices have far too much sugar in.

Babies sometimes have to try things many (around 15 I think?) times before they like it - is the same with water.