Forum home Babies Baby

second baby?

Hiya, last night me and my OH were discussing when to have our next baby. Because jake was a surprise we had never talked about ttc before and OH seemed quite uncomfortable with it. He says he doesnt want another one for four years but for some reason i always envisioned 18 months-2 years as an age gap. I really dont want to wait that long cos dont want jake to go to school and have to start all over again!

Oh and we are not sure if I am already preg as I havnt had a period since LO born (20 weeks) . I stopped bf him about 5 weeks ago and have had unprotected sex about 5 times since then in the last three weeks. Not sure if it is too early to test as they all refer to your AF but I havnt had one!!! Any advice on the being preg thing and also ways i could approach topic with OH would be welcome!

Sorry such a long post. Lauren x:\?

Replies

• If your oh doesn't want another baby yet why are you having unprotected sex...??
    Our lo is now coming up to 14 months and we said before she was born we would try for another when she is 2 - so that would be jan 2010. However, as i have suffered with pnd and oh not got a job after may things might change and oh a bit reluctant now! Saying that though on the flip side he wants another one soon cos he will be 40 in 2011 and he said he wants another by then (plus I'll be 35 in 2010). Men change their mind more than women!!
    I would take a test. Just to be sure. and as for the unprotected sex - if your oh really did not want another lo yet surely he would make sure you had some form of contraception?!

• Exactly what I have said to him...I have said that if he is going to not use anything then there is the obvious risk of getting preg again, and that under no circumstances would i take the morning after pill, have an abortion etc. personally i am all for, not trying, not preventing because i would love another baby and two years was my sort of comprimise lol!

He dotes on jake and said that he just wants to focus on him which is fair enough but could argue that forever. I hope he will change his mind, prob not the baby putting him off but i was a bit of a devil woman when pregnant!

• cheers emmalou. I tested yesterday and bfn but dont know if i have not left it long enough? ill loeave it a few weeks i think.

OH obviously not that fussed cos he said this morning if he can get a new motorbike we can have another baby sooner...fickle child lol!

• hi there hun,just to let u know i got pregnant this time round whilst still breastfeeding and having no af since had lo xxx
  • hmm i stopped bf but still no af?not that im complaining just dont like being left in limbo!
  • i havent had an af ince having freya and she will be 1 on monday, im still bf but i thought that they would ahve come back by now?????
    i have 3 year between my 2 and it works for us, i some times think that it would be easier if they were closer together as at the moment they are at quite different stages but they do still play nicely together and i know that i acn pop to the loo and phoebe will keep an eye on freya and stop her from doing any thing dangerous. mind you there are other times i wish i had waited until phoebe is at school!!! if i do ever manage to convince graham to ttc no 3 i will probably wait until freya is at school.
    so after all my waffle what im trying to say is there are good and bad points to all age gaps you just have to find what works for you. xx
  • i havent had an af ince having freya and she will be 1 on monday, im still bf but i thought that they would ahve come back by now?????
    i have 3 year between my 2 and it works for us, i some times think that it would be easier if they were closer together as at the moment they are at quite different stages but they do still play nicely together and i know that i acn pop to the loo and phoebe will keep an eye on freya and stop her from doing any thing dangerous. mind you there are other times i wish i had waited until phoebe is at school!!! if i do ever manage to convince graham to ttc no 3 i will probably wait until freya is at school.
    so after all my waffle what im trying to say is there are good and bad points to all age gaps you just have to find what works for you. xx