Forum home Babies Baby

Lo's favourite food.

Hi, Archie is on 2 meals a day and so far loving his solid food. He's only turned his nose up at a couple of things but I've tried again a couple of days later slightly differently and he hasn't refused. For example potato and carrot he didn't like, but potato and parsnip he ate happily.
Anyway we're trying something new every couple of days and then going back to relieable sweet potato or butternut squash. But yesterday I spent ages grilling, peeling and then pureeing a red pepper, it was so much effort. I thought he was gonna hate it just to spite me but he wolfed it down and so far I think that was his favourite food. It has pushed banana or baby rice with fruit puree for breakie into 2nd place.
What is your lo's fav food ? Suz x ps. Gonna try avocado in a wee while, bet he hates it !

Replies

• hey,

louise has always loved cucumber sticks though loves plum (in 1/4's) and pasta shapes too at the moment. She'll never turn down an organix corn snack though either!
  • hey,

louise has always loved cucumber sticks though loves plum (in 1/4's) and pasta shapes too at the moment. She'll never turn down an organix corn snack though either!
  • Katie that is so impressive, I've been such a scaredy cat and just stuck to baby rice and veg purees so far. You've inspired me to branch out. Where did you get the recipe and do you cook in bulk and then freeze ? Also do you make the puddings or just use jars ? S x ps. He hated the avocado and gagged on it. Had to grab a jar and give him that with a yogurt instead.

[Modified by: SuzMcH on March 14, 2009 06:12 PM]

• try mixing avacado with bannana hun,grace loved that!! id say her favourite is probably a good sunday dinner but will eat anything! iv not found anything she dosent like yet!shes older than your lo and has her food just cut up now but i do still freeze in bulk for her.I find casseroles,cottage pie,macaroni cheese all freeze well.Cauliflower and leek cheese is a good one u could try.When i had my 1st i got an annabell karmel baby cookbook and found it fantastic,now i just know quite a few recipes or blunge stuff 2 getha myself with grace!!ooh just thought grace loves when i make her fish pie too!! salmon with cheesy mash and peas,yummy!!lol xxx
  • Charlotte eats most food i give her.

She loves eating cheese though! :roll:
  • millie loves cheese on toast! shes more into her finger foods at the min if i feed her on the spoon she takes it and wants to feed herself so i have to try and feed her with another spoon.she loves melon and also bannana but ( only if im eating it!) sh has apple and pear too. she likes the fruit pots of apple and pear but only warm. x x
  • Grace's favourite at the moment are anything with pasta in and miller little star yougarts.

Lisa xxx
  • Connor love the little star yoghurts rasberry is his fave flavour!
    xxxx
  • evie's favourite is mummys home made fish pie. She wolfs it down, though if the carrots aren't cut up really small she spits those bits out! lol X
  • I've only just started weaning so we're still on single veg tastes but i think so far the favourite one is courgette (my fave veg too!). Only one refused so far is mashed potato, but this is possibly because i just mashed it as i was in a rush, so he choked then refused it... will try it again though.

Going to try a petit filous this week, then start introducing some protein.